Greetings from St. Paul, MN

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by Ellison, May 31, 2018.

1. Ellison

Ellison
    Expand Collapse

We’re planning a trip from MN to the WY Big Horns and the Grand Teton area in Sept. We have a 35’ fifth wheel toy hauler, carrying a SxS Polaris Rzr. I’m looking for campsites that might include, or at least be close to ATV/UTV trails, specifically off Hwy 14 in the Big Horns. Would also like to hear about the degree of difficulty we’ll encounter pulling the camper on Hwy 14. Any other ATV campers out there?

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Welcome to RVPark reviews. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun planning and executing what sounds like a great trip.

I don't have any personal experience with CG's near ATV/UTV trails in WY; our experience with that topic has been limited to UT.

As for driving tips on specific roads, my suggestion is that the best way to learn about where you may or may not wish to drive is by getting yourself a copy of the Mountain West Directory. Depending where on Hwy 14 you're driving there are some challenging road segments.

The Directory is available online and there may still also be a print version. Our policy is not to provide direct links to other businesses, but if you Google the name you will find it. There's also a Mountain East Directory, but IMHO those hills that easterners call mountains hardly merit a book! :D

3. Ellison

Ellison
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the welcome and the tip on the Mountain West Directory. It looks like a great resource! When we plan a Utah ATV trip, I know where to go for recommendations. The Bighorn Forest Service suggested we try either the Dead Swede or Tie Flume campground. I didn't see any reviews here about them so if we end up at one of those places, I'll get it started.

We'll go east one of these years, but there's so much to see in the west first!

4. MikeWaka

MikeWaka
    Expand Collapse

Hello, Ellison! Welcome to the forum!

5. lily123

lily123
    Expand Collapse

6. Monica998

Monica998
    Expand Collapse

Hello, please pay attention to the road situations.