Hey From Virginia - Long Time to get here

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by jgilliam1955, Mar 12, 2019.

1. jgilliam1955

jgilliam1955
    Expand Collapse

Took a long time to get here. 15 years ago bought a Trailmanor. Used it twice. Life got in the way. I sold it one year later and got my money back. Sold it in one day. Then 2 years ago we started to look again. My wife had retired, I will retire next year. We looked at Class A, B, C & Trailers. After being scared about the lack of quality in all RV's, we changed our way of thinking. We decided we just need to bring a hotel room with us not a house to go camping. So we decided to get a Fiberglass Camper because of the build quality.

We looked at all of them & my wife found the Lil Snoozy. It had everything we wanted. Plus it was an only 6-hour drive from our house. So we put down the 40% deposit, which was $10,000. Was told 8 months to one year until it was completed. This was Aug 2017. At the time this was the normal build time for fiberglass campers. After lots of emails & text was told on Jan 30, 2019, my Snoozy would be ready first of April & I should order the Truck Fridge ( Another $900 ) we wanted & have it sent to them. We were excited. Finally going to hit the road just in time for warmer weather.

Then they closed down March 1st. We & 45 others lost their deposit. After a lot of anger, We got hold of Casita & ordered a 17 foot Liberty. Delivery is May 10. We are moving on & finally going to hit the road. Looking forward to using this forum & reviews to find out where & what to do. Our first trip will be to Rice Texas to pick it up & then stay in Waco & visit Chip & Joanna Grimes tourist trap & Waco itself.

2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Wow! Sorry to hear about your bad luck on the Camper, We have seen quite a few Casitas, They look well built and aerodynamic. I hope you get to have fun with it and we are looking forward to hearing about your trips.

Darrell and Jerry

3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi jgilliam1955 and welcome to the Campground Reviews forum. Sorry to read about what you've been thru to get your RV. I hope you have some recourse against the company that "stiffed" you and that some sort of action may be brought against them for doing what they did. None the less it seems that you have moved on and have another brand camper being readied for your upcoming first trip after you pick it up. Be sure to post reviews of the parks and campgrounds you stay at and by all means don't be a stranger on the forum. Lots of great fellow RVers aboard who will jump in to be of assistance any time you have questions or problems, etc. And of course these same folks are always ready to learn something from you also. Travel safe, have fun and as I tell everyone who travels via an RV, watch out at all times for the crazies out on the roads that seem to put us Rvers in their sights.....................

BankShot..............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear about your 1st trailer, but sounds like your back on track with your new RV and camping season! Lots of members here... east coast, west coast, south, Canada and even down under and we are all here if you need advise or if you have some advise to offer. :cool:

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  5. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Wow, really sorry to hear that, Lil' Snoozy seemed to have a really nice product, I wonder what happened there. Glad you are back on track, and Casita's are nice and have been around for a long time. Great to have another small trailer owner around :-D

Paythebill likes this.