Homebase on the Gulf???

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by El Jakeo and the Girls, Mar 6, 2018.

1. El Jakeo and the Girls

El Jakeo and the Girls
    Expand Collapse

Wife, pups, and I are getting relocated to the Gulf Coast and are looking for a quiet, secluded, secure place to set up shop.
    My territory for work will be from as far west as Gulfport to Destin in the east so I was thinking Mobile area will be pretty centralized. Travel distance to main arteries and cost are not an obstacle. Peace and Security are key!
    What say ya'll?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Sorry you have not received any replies from our members. I know there are a lot of RV parks in the Mobile area, but we have only stayed at one and that was 10 years ago (see below), so I suggest you read our listings to help you find a place. Start by looking up Mobile and expand your search from there. Our members aren't shy about telling you what they think so you should be able to get a pretty good idea of what a park is like by reading the reviews for it.

The place where we stayed is named Plantation Harbour RV Resort listed in Elberta, AL. We liked it a lot because it was very quiet and residential-like. When we were there the west side (entrance side) was almost all park models with lots of nice landscaping. It looked like they had just recently added the last two rows on the east side, and we stayed there in a pull through. There were no trees in this section back then. We stayed about a week, and there were not many other RV's in that section during that time. There was a boat ramp on the south side (you can still see it on the Google map), and the waterways would eventually take you all the way to the Gulf. When I looked up this park, I found that we only have one review for it from 2007. That was not my review, but we were there about the same time, and I agree with that reviewer's comments, except I have no memory of the wi-fi, good or bad. I have no knowledge of what the park is like now, but it was really nice when we were there.

Good luck and maybe some of our members will eventually give you some suggestions.

3. El Jakeo and the Girls

El Jakeo and the Girls
    Expand Collapse

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond!
    God Bless and Safe Travels!