Hood latch

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by richard rehel, May 8, 2022.

1. richard rehel

richard rehel
    Expand Collapse

Hi, i have a 2006 Sea Breeze, and my latch on my front hood to access the motor does not snap back in place. How can i fix it. Thanks,Richard.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Richard and welcome to the forum. That front latch that won't snap back in place could just need a slight adjustment as it sounds like it probably just isn't catching when you close it; We had this happen with the same type of "push in to open" latch. and then then when closing you push in while snapping the latch handle itself back down to secure it. One of ours did the same thing you mention here so give that a try and see if that works. It's been a few years since we had this happen but if memory serves me there is an adjustment you can turn one way or the other to loosen or tighten the latch to make a secure contact when closing. Let me know if this works as I believe it will.......

Again, welcome to the forum. Great bunch of folks here to assist at any time you need help, etc. and be sure to jump in at anytime when you have can assist other RVers or have questions, etc. Travel safe and often and be sure to post reviews of where you stay on the flip side (HOME) of this site...................

BankShot................(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Your latch is probably similar to mine on my National Dolphin (Sea Breeze was also made by National). Try spraying the latch librally with a lubricant like WD-40, and then keep working the latch. That's what helped mine.

Good luck,
    Chris g.

Paythebill likes this.