I70 And Route 291 In Missouri

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by A.E.Michell, Jul 9, 2010.

1. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

Hi! Looking for a way North from I 70 to avoid as much traffic as possible in Kanas City etc.I see that you can pick up 291 east of 435 and wonder about the road. Is it RV friendly and are there any height restrictions that anyone knows about? That way we could end up on I29 as we are going to Iowa. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. stonybirch

stonybirch
    Expand Collapse

Been that route many times--never had a problem with the RV or height. Haven't used I29 just lately, but it was great 3-4 yrs ago. Just don't hit KC in rush hour or bad weather--traffic is crazy.

3. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(stonybirch @ Jul 10 2010, 01:37 PM) [snapback]22923[/snapback]

Been that route many times--never had a problem with the RV or height. Haven't used I29 just lately, but it was great 3-4 yrs ago. Just don't hit KC in rush hour or bad weather--traffic is crazy.

Thanks for the reply,I think that is the way we will go and avoid all that traffic mess. Our rv is 13.5 ft high so I always check about all potential obstacles.We were on I 29 before and it was great.