Just becoming a snowbird

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by lankylin, Mar 28, 2017.

1. lankylin

lankylin
    Expand Collapse

Hello to everyone. I am spending my first winter in my new to me MH. I am an experienced camper and have lived in a TT while in college, but never a MH before. I am spending the winter in Crystal Beach, TX. It"s a great place and close to family members who are in Galveston. I will return to southwestern Colorado for summer months. Don't do the hot, sticky!! Retired engineer, active graphic artist, self employed - business done online so wherever there is wifi, I'm good to go.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome to the forum. Before I go any further I just have this one question.......what the heck is a "snodwbird"...........:D Sounds like you will have some neat times ahead for yourself. We've talked about becoming snodwbirds ourselves a few times over the past few years but it's never gone any further than just lip service. Enjoy your new motorhome and make sure and post some reviews on the places you stay. Lots of neat folks on this forum, I'm sure you'll be hearing from a few of them shortly to welcome you aboard.....................

Regards, BankShot...........(aka Terry)

3. lankylin

lankylin
    Expand Collapse

LOL...since I don't know what a "snodwbird" is, I had to find the "edit" button! Thank you for your warm welcome. I have submitted one review and must do another before it will be posted. I wanted to do one for the park I was in in Hitchcock, TX, but it isn't listed and I can't make it come up, so guess I'll wait. Motorhome is a vintage, only new to me, but I am having fun discovering how to make everything work!

4. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Submit your review for this park anyways. On the submission page under step 2 where you list the park, look for "Can't find the park you're looking for? Add it here"

It will help if you can fill in as much information about the park. Admins will verify and approve the new park so that your review for it can be moderated as well.

Welcome aboard and happy trails!

5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Hi Lin, and welcome to the forum! Which park did you want to review for Hitchcock, TX? Are you sure the park's mailing address is Hitchcock?

Also, if your business is dependent on regular Internet access, you may want to look into one of the low cost cell based data plans that are currently available. AT&T, for instance, has an unlimited data plan available that uses a device intended to be powered by your vehicle's diagnostics port for just $20/month. There are several other power options available from third parties though, that allow it to be used everywhere AT&T has service without being plugged into a vehicle.

6. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

The "sticky" part of the weather conditions is because you are in the coastal area. But I agree about the hot. Here in Texas, when the pigs outside turn into bacon it's time to head to Colorado or NM mountains.

Welcome to the forum.