"Large Truck/RV Wash Facilities"

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by BankShot, Jul 30, 2017.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Up until now I have always washed and maintained our coach on site before we leave on a trip but this time due to time constraints decided to try one of these large truck/RV washes. Found one right off the interstate and called to get pricing, etc. Just curious if anyone has had this done with their Class A and if so is there anything I should b aware of during the wash process? The one we will be using is done inside a building with entry and exit doors on each end. I believe we just drive the coach inside, stop it under a large "machine" and the machine goes back and forth spraying high pressure suds and water, etc. and then "blow drying" it before driving out? At least this is what I imagine being done. I take it that things such as collapsed TV antennas, satellite domes and roof vents and the AC will be fine as I doubt there are any of those back & forth hanging heavy material strips that scrub off the dirt and debris, etc. And of course I will make sure all the windows are closed....... :eek::D If anyone has used an RV wash such as this and would jump in and give me any info/pointers it would be appreciated. I was told that for a few extra bucks you can have a RainX solution applied between the wash and rinse cycle and I may opt to do that also......................

Thanks in advance for any input you can give, BankShot................(aka Terry)

Medic73 likes this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Got my questions answered. Found a phone number for the Truck/RV wash we plan on using and they told me everything I needed to know. They hand wash and rinse the vehicle but there is no "blow dryer" used. They evidently use a specially treated water and detergents, etc. that don't leave water spots. The coach gets air dried as you drive off down the interstate. We can either stay in the coach or sit in an air conditioned waiting room while it's being washed. With the temp that day to be around 106 I think we might just choose door #2................:rolleyes: Hey, if anyone still cares to jump iin with any comments or tips, etc. by all means do..............

Regards, BankShot.................(aka Terry)

Medic73 likes this.
  3. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We have used Blue Beacon truck washes multiple times and have always been treated well. The wait time is usually around an hour and the wash itself takes 10-15 minutes. We always wait inside the shop, never inside the MH. We usually pay extra for the RainX spray and for the mild acid wash on our aluminum wheels.

We've also found that giving the wash crew boss a modest incentive in advance does seem to improve the thoroughness of the wash effort.

Rivercityjeff and Medic73 like this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

=================================================================
    Ironically, that's the one we are going to try. It's just a couple of blocks off of I-5 in Corning, CA. I wasn't aware the wait could maybe be an hour but that's of no issue as we are heading to Redding just up the road where we'll toss the anchor out for a one night's stay by the river. This one has two bays and unless there are several vehicles in line waiting then we should be in and out pretty quickly I would think. I am going to have the full treatment done including the tire dressing and wheel cleaner. I figure this is the first time our beast has had a real bath, might as well go all the way... :D

Thanks for the added info Docj, travel safe and be well................

Regards, Terry.................. (aka BankShot)

5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Followup to above posts. We used Blue Beacon and were very pleased with the results. Our coach came out of the wash building looking like brand new. We had the Rain-X applied and the "wax rinse" plus the wheels and tires cleaned and dressed, etc. We were in & out within about 2o minutes or so as there was no wait line. So glad we did this and will for sure use this company again in the future. Thanks again docj for the heads up on your experience with Blue Beacon......... :)

Regards, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Medic73 likes this.
  6. ForestWalker

ForestWalker
    Expand Collapse

Excellent. We will now plan our next trip around not only stopping at the Olive Pit Gourmet Olives in Corning but getting the rig washed in town, too.

7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Glad this thread was of help to you ForestWalker. We were completely satisfied with the job Blue Beacon did on our motorhome and will be using them again down the road. In fact I just today located one down in Lodi right off I-5 and when we make our trip south over Thanksgiving, we will give that one a try..................

Travel safe, BankShot..................(aka Terry)