Lifting A Trailer

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by TennesseeRunner.com, Apr 1, 2007.

1. TennesseeRunner.com

TennesseeRunner.com
    Expand Collapse

A friend of mine has a 5th wheel the drags just about every where he goes.

After some talk we decided a spring over (Just like our jeeps) was in order. So my question is who has done this to your camper and is there a write up on doing it some where?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

JP

2. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

TN> The hitch box attached to the front of the 5W is adjustable and so is the truck mounted hitch. Is it not possible to adjust the bolts in both of those so that the rig rides more level??

Rick

3. TennesseeRunner.com

TennesseeRunner.com
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Apr 1 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]6689[/snapback]

TN> The hitch box attached to the front of the 5W is adjustable and so is the truck mounted hitch. Is it not possible to adjust the bolts in both of those so that the rig rides more level??

Rick

Tried that.
    The hitch is so low that the last time he backed in the driveway it rubbed the bed rails. That is what started us talking about this.
    Truck is a 4x4 dodge diesel.

4. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

I had a friend who had this problem and he had the axel's flipped under the springs. His springs were under the axel and he had them flipped and it made all the difference in the world.

5. TennesseeRunner.com

TennesseeRunner.com
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mastercraft @ Apr 5 2007, 05:23 PM) [snapback]6716[/snapback]

I had a friend who had this problem and he had the axel's flipped under the springs. His springs were under the axel and he had them flipped and it made all the difference in the world.

That is what we plan to do in a few weeks. I will try to post how it went and how it works after we get done.

6. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

i flipped the axles on my wildwood. i had it done by a trailer dealer. you have to align the axles so it will tow straight. trailer was not dragging , just wasn't level when towing.