Long day stopover

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by frankboddn, Jul 8, 2003.

1. frankboddn

frankboddn
    Expand Collapse

It's a long drive driving across Texas' I-10 between El Paso and San :rolleyes: Antonio. We drive this often, travelling between San Diego and Port Arthur, Tx. We have become accustomed to staying at the KOA about eight miles east of Ft. Stockton in west Texas. The towns in west Texas are far and few between, and this is a welcome place to stop. It's owned and run by a very nice couple and their daughter who sold their business on Oceanside Harbor in Oceanside, Ca. The KOA is about $18 per night, not the customary $26+ we often see in KOA's. There's some shade trees, huge private shower rooms with their own showers, toilets and sinks, and among the cleanest I've seen. They also have a small on-site grill with fantastic breakfasts and dinners. I HIGHLY recommend this KOA to anyone who's out there driving hours upon hours and wondering where the heck they're going to stop between El Paso and San Antonio. It's about 140 miles or so east of El Paso.

2. janrm1

janrm1
    Expand Collapse

:rolleyes: I ditto your remarks...we stop there frequently between San Diego and Austin, TX.