Mobile repair service

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by KD Grant, Mar 27, 2021.

1. KD Grant

KD Grant
    Expand Collapse

Hello All, I need some help. I am currently at the Ramona Oaks RV park outside of Ramona Ca. I have been trying for a week to find a mobile repair service to come out and replace my gray water valve switch and have hit zero responses. They all say they are booked 3 to 4 weeks out, if anyone can help or point me to the right person it would be a great help. Thanks

2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Are you talking about the grey water dump valve?

3. KD Grant

KD Grant
    Expand Collapse

Yes there is a electric switch that opens and closes the valve. it is not working.

4. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Ok I was hoping to be able to maybe help you get it open but since i don't have that type of system, can't help, sorry.

5. KD Grant

KD Grant
    Expand Collapse

Here is what it looks like

Attached Files:

PaulC aka Mrbios likes this.
  6. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

How hard is it to purchase a new switch from the company?

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

My trailer has a manual dump valve also, that said that looks like a Double Pole Double Throw rocker switch (DPDT)

Do you know any electricians in your area? they may be able to order/ install from a electrical or electronics wholesaler.

Amazon also sells rocker switches https://www.amazon.com/dpdt-rocker-switch/s?k=dpdt+rocker+switch

Good luck
    Mike

#7 mdcamping, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  8. KD Grant

KD Grant
    Expand Collapse

I heard Rexhall was bought out and the way the thing is wired with jumper from pole to pole is confusing

9. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

A "good electrical tech" should know how to pre-mark and re-land the wires on a new rocker switch. The pic you showed looks like the connections are soldered, you can buy rocker switches with the screw connections (makes a tighter connection) vs the sta kon connectors (which sometimes can loosen over time)

Also from the pic looks like the switch as seen better times...looks like some water damage maybe? There could be a chance you may have a compond problem where maybe the load has caused the switch to fail over time, again this is why you may need a qualified tech with experience to look at this.

I guess the hard part is finding the right tech but what I am saying is you may be able to get the job done without going through a mobile RV service. There is probably some other variables that I am not aware of so please take my advice as just an opinion. :)

Forgot to mention, Welcome to the forum! :cool:

Mike

#9 mdcamping, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    Fitzjohnfan likes this.
  10. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Since the regular RV techs are several days out, I like the suggestions above of trying to find an electronics tech. Maybe even "geek squad" at Best Buy. Maybe a local TV repairman, or computer club.

It's just a rocker switch that should be replaceable.

11. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Tell us what you were able to do to get your issue resolved, we are all courious.

PaulC aka Mrbios likes this.