Mund's Park Rv Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Deserteyes2, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deserteyes2

Deserteyes2
    Expand Collapse

I recommend not making any reservations at Mund's Park RV Resort in Flagstaff. They have a non-refundable deposit policy on their lodging and regardless of circumstances will NOT refund your money.

I booked a vacation 90 days in advance and a few days after booking my reservation, I received notice from my employer that my unit will be dismissed/laid off effective July 3. When I requested an exception due to unforeseen circumstances the owner refused to refund the money.

While I was aware of the non-refundable policy of Mund's Park, I was obviously unaware of a pending layoff. I disputed the charge with the credit card company and they gave a temporary credit while they attempted to work with the merchant bank to refund the charge. I was just notified by mail by Citibank that I will have to pay the charge regardless of my 90 day cancellation. Renter beware!! I give Mund's Park zero stars for their unethical business practices by collecting my deposit and re-renting the space to another innocent unsuspecting customer. The only reason they received one star is because Yelp will not allow zero stars. I plan on contacting the Better Business Bureau in Arizona.

2. dbnck

dbnck
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Deserteyes2 @ Jul 15 2014, 08:53 AM) [snapback]37274[/snapback]

They have a non-refundable deposit policy on their lodging and regardless of circumstances will NOT refund your money.

And that's exactly what it say on their website:

Daily Reservations
    Require a 50% Non-Refundable Deposit for each day of the entire Reservation. No-Shows, changes or cancellations will be charged the full amount of the deposit for each day.

And you said you knew about this when you made your reservation.

You had unforeseen circumstances, but, to be blunt, that's not the RV park's problem. I don't see anything unethical in their sticking to their stated policy.

That said, it would have been nice if they offered a concession, like having you forfeit the deposit for just one day, especially since you did cancel way in advance. Or agree to apply your deposit to a future stay. But there's just not any basis for saying they were obligated to do so, and definitely no basis for saying what they did was unethical.

QUOTE(Deserteyes2 @ Jul 15 2014, 08:53 AM) [snapback]37274[/snapback]

The only reason they received one star is because Yelp will not allow zero stars. I plan on contacting the Better Business Bureau in Arizona.

Next time you're blasting your complaint across multiple forums, you might want to take the time to do a little tailoring so it's not obvious you're just copying and pasting. I know you're mad, but it does make you look a little rash and maybe unreasonable.

3. RFCN2

RFCN2
    Expand Collapse

Just my humble opinion.

1. The RV park policy of no refunds no matter what is unreasonable. I would never book a reservation at this park due to this policy.

2. These days many service providers like hotels, restaurants, and RV campgrounds are very affected by ratings up or down. You knew about their policy. You gave them a very poor rating but never stayed there. So also, in my humble opinion, you are being unreasonable rating this RV campground low with no basis to do so except they enforced their stated policy and you are PO ed that they would not change it for you.

Two wrongs do not make a right. If you were an honorable person you would go back in and edit your ratings to reflect the fact you never stayed at this park but don't like their refund policy.

4. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the above........When I read a parks web site or speak with the office staff and " NO REFUNDS " or you must " PAY IN FULL " is their policy I usually look to the next c/g . If a park owner doesn't understand that unforeseen things can happen on the road...such as illness or breakdowns that can effect travel plans.... its not a place I would want to visit. IMO its also a sign that maybe they have a problem filling the park....so how good can it really be ?

5. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

I dislike no refund policies also. I have workamped at a few campgrounds that have it However some owners/managers will make an exception if the MH or TV breaks down or someone gets sick or an emergency of some kind.

6. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Deserteyes2 @ Jul 15 2014, 10:53 AM) [snapback]37274[/snapback]

While I was aware of the non-refundable policy of Mund's Park, I was obviously unaware of a pending layoff.

And this is Mund's problem how?

7. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

What would be the point of a deposit if you got it back by asking? I am sure the park has a "No refunds, no exceptions" policy precisely because people became adept at telling good stories. Taking a deposit takes the site off the market. For all we know the guy might have had a three day reservation that ended up blocking a potential 2 month reservation for that park. I have stayed at many parks that were bursting at the seams due to it being peak season and even those parks probably couldn't re-fill many last minute cancellations since there aren't that many people wandering around those areas without reservations.
    Reservations where the cancellation penalty is not very high creates it's own problems. Talk to people who use ReserveAmerica to try and book popular sites at state parks. Those sites instantly book up 6 months in advance and yet many of the sites go unused because people book multiple locations and are willing to pay the $5 or $10 cancellation fee on the sites they decide not to use. Stiff cancellation fees insure that people booking a site intend to use it. As for whether or not a reason is a "good" reason to cancel, that would be a jury I wouldn't want to be on. Like I said at the beginning of this, it shouldn't come down to who can tell the best story (or lie).

8. Deserteyes2

Deserteyes2
    Expand Collapse

For those of you who are blasting my post lets see how you do in the same circumstance: so let's see, you would pay an RV park the deposit after you had to cancel well within 90 days in advance? What about your bills? Regardless of what you would do, I did what I felt was right after explaining my situation and I could care less what the naysayers and judges think.

This park is double dipping and THAT is wrong and unethical and why I blasted them in this forum.

Have a fabulous rest of the week and happy camping. My intent was to expose this park's unreasonable policy based on unforeseen and life changing financial circumstances. Those of you with negative posts; this very same thing could have happened to you as no one anticipates a layoff. Think twice before your judgment. Had I have known in advance that I would be laid off, obviously I would not have booked the trip in the first place.

9. Deserteyes2

Deserteyes2
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Jul 16 2014, 05:20 PM) [snapback]37305[/snapback]

What would be the point of a deposit if you got it back by asking? I am sure the park has a "No refunds, no exceptions" policy precisely because people became adept at telling good stories. Taking a deposit takes the site off the market. For all we know the guy might have had a three day reservation that ended up blocking a potential 2 month reservation for that park. I have stayed at many parks that were bursting at the seams due to it being peak season and even those parks probably couldn't re-fill many last minute cancellations since there aren't that many people wandering around those areas without reservations.
    Reservations where the cancellation penalty is not very high creates it's own problems. Talk to people who use ReserveAmerica to try and book popular sites at state parks. Those sites instantly book up 6 months in advance and yet many of the sites go unused because people book multiple locations and are willing to pay the $5 or $10 cancellation fee on the sites they decide not to use. Stiff cancellation fees insure that people booking a site intend to use it. As for whether or not a reason is a "good" reason to cancel, that would be a jury I wouldn't want to be on. Like I said at the beginning of this, it shouldn't come down to who can tell the best story (or lie).

You are on your own jury assuming I'm telling a lie or a story so what are you talking about? You are not making sense here. In addition, if you read my original post you would see that I CANCELLED my reservation more than 90 days in advance.

10. Deserteyes2

Deserteyes2
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Jul 16 2014, 09:23 AM) [snapback]37298[/snapback]

And this is Mund's problem how?

Because they are double dipping collecting my deposit and renting the site to someone else. Do you want to pay it then if you don't think it's an issue? Really??

11. Deserteyes2

Deserteyes2
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dbnck @ Jul 15 2014, 06:04 PM) [snapback]37281[/snapback]

And that's exactly what it say on their website:
    And you said you knew about this when you made your reservation.

You had unforeseen circumstances, but, to be blunt, that's not the RV park's problem. I don't see anything unethical in their sticking to their stated policy.

That said, it would have been nice if they offered a concession, like having you forfeit the deposit for just one day, especially since you did cancel way in advance. Or agree to apply your deposit to a future stay. But there's just not any basis for saying they were obligated to do so, and definitely no basis for saying what they did was unethical.
    Next time you're blasting your complaint across multiple forums, you might want to take the time to do a little tailoring so it's not obvious you're just copying and pasting. I know you're mad, but it does make you look a little rash and maybe unreasonable.

Well aren't you just a breath of fresh air. Yes, I copied and pasted my post but I'm not writing a college thesis. It is posted as a matter of principle to stand up for what is right. Agree or not, that's not my problem either.

12. Deserteyes2

Deserteyes2
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Nolan @ Jul 16 2014, 08:24 AM) [snapback]37293[/snapback]

I dislike no refund policies also. I have workamped at a few campgrounds that have it However some owners/managers will make an exception if the MH or TV breaks down or someone gets sick or an emergency of some kind.

Exactly!! All I am asking for is an exception since I cancelled far in advance of my reservation date.

13. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I manage a CG and you wouldn't believe the stories we get from people. When you get the same story over and over from dozens of people you tend to not believe anyone. You probably did tell them the truth but if they have heard that type of story from lots of others why should they believe you when they don't have any way to know if you are the one out of 2 dozen that gave them a legitimate reason for why they couldn't show and wanting their money back. If their policy says no refunds why do you think they should believe you are the truthful one?

The others here gave their opinion and their reasons for those opinions and you got your feathers ruffled because we don't agree with you. Chill out dude!

14. Deserteyes2

Deserteyes2
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 16 2014, 09:49 PM) [snapback]37319[/snapback]

I manage a CG and you wouldn't believe the stories we get from people. When you get the same story over and over from dozens of people you tend to not believe anyone. You probably did tell them the truth but if they have heard that type of story from lots of others why should they believe you when they don't have any way to know if you are the one out of 2 dozen that gave them a legitimate reason for why they couldn't show and wanting their money back. If their policy says no refunds why do you think they should believe you are the truthful one?

The others here gave their opinion and their reasons for those opinions and you got your feathers ruffled because we don't agree with you. Chill out dude!

Hello? I lost my job. Obviously I didn't need the stress of paying another bill when the park will get paid twice. Clean your own doorstep before judging another person. I don't care if you agree or not.

15. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

'Nuff said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.