Nascar Rv Resorts????

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by idealrv, Nov 21, 2009.

1. idealrv

idealrv
    Expand Collapse

Can't find original post----so here I go again... sorry if it shows up twice
    My brother went to the RV convention in Orlando two weeks ago and I can't believe what he told me was announced. There are going to be campgrounds banded NASCAR RV Parks. Has anyone else heard about this????

From what I understand they plan on creating a track experience at the park. Some of the thing they plan on doing, I have to admit they sound amazing. Here is a couple things I can remember---
    Everyweek the race will be shown on a 40'40' mega Screen. The scanners that we use at the tracks will work. I heard a rumor that they will also be showing the driver - team prerace meeting. Not sure if that is true. We can only hope. Everyweek you will be able to buy that specific races hats, shirts and other stuff.
    Please respond if you have heard about this!! I have not seen anything on the net about it yet. I am new at this posting thing and forums any other ones I should check for this news?

2. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

haven't heard of it could this be what he was talking about.http://www.nascarcamping.com/

3. idealrv

idealrv
    Expand Collapse

I found the website. It seems to be a place holder until a formal site is developed. I called a friend who is conected to ARVC. He said that these Nascar RV Resorts are going to be amazing. Here is the website I found-
    [SIZE=12pt].....www.nascarrvresorts.com[/SIZE]
    My buddy sent this to me to explain the concept----

Every week(Jan-Nov) at a NASCAR RV Resort it be similar to having a infield RV space at EVERY NASCAR track in the country!
    The following is what these park will have---
    1) Watch the race on huge 20' x 20' up to 40'40' screens
    2) Your scanner will work!! That is correct, the scanner that you use at your favorite NASCAR track will work at the RV Resorts!
    3) Live footage of the NEVER SEEN before pre race meetings that the drivers have with their teams.
    4) Drivers and cars visiting the campgrounds!
    5) Now, all season long you, your family and all of our buddies can HAVE THE TAILGATE FUN OF A NASCAR EVENT every weekend at the closest NASCAR RV RESORT!!!!! Hopefully there will be one in NY
    6) Exclusive race weekend specific merchandise.
    If I find anything else I will let everyone know....

4. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

I saw the exact same thread on several other RV forums and it seems these so-called NASCAR resorts are going to be at properties owned by Morgan Resorts....I really hope if they're even thinking of considering such that they make major improvements to their campgrounds, because the one's that I know of are a mess.

5. telm59

telm59
    Expand Collapse

never heard of this...yet....but my husband and i do the seasonal 'camping' in louden, nh....camp at the track from fri to mon.....what's a nascar race without the 'race'????!!!..... :rolleyes:

6. rvparkmanager

rvparkmanager
    Expand Collapse

As the property manager of a soon to be Nascar RV Resort, I will be happy to answer any questions in regards to this newly developed and state of the art franchise creation that will be rolled out in the start of the season for 2010. Thank you all for your support in this endeavor and we look foward to serving each of you in the season to come. Happy camping!

7. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rvparkmanager @ Nov 30 2009, 10:58 AM) [snapback]20168[/snapback]

As the property manager of a soon to be Nascar RV Resort, I will be happy to answer any questions in regards to this newly developed and state of the art franchise creation that will be rolled out in the start of the season for 2010. Thank you all for your support in this endeavor and we look foward to serving each of you in the season to come. Happy camping!

Yes, I have a few questions is Morgan Resorts the leader of this venture? If so, are these "state of the art" Nascar RV Resorts brand new campgrounds or are they going to be located on existing campgrounds owned by Morgan Resorts? A previous post said drivers and cars will be visiting the campgrounds...when would this occur? During the weekend when most will be camping? I can't see how the drivers would fit that into their schedules, LOL!

I wish you luck on your venture, but I'll probably pass...honestly doesn't sound any more appealing than campgrounds who host Nascar themed weekends. If I truly want to experience camping and Nascar, I'll go do the real thing. :)

8. reidracer

reidracer
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rvparkmanager @ Nov 30 2009, 12:58 PM) [snapback]20168[/snapback]

Where will your park be located? Any info Opening dates, locations, etc. would be appreciated.

9. RVingMama

RVingMama
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(reidracer @ Dec 3 2009, 04:31 PM) [snapback]20201[/snapback]

Where will your park be located? Any info Opening dates, locations, etc. would be appreciated.

Ditto to what reidracer said - where and when?? Excited - sounds great!

10. idealrv

idealrv
    Expand Collapse

States that will have one

New York near Saratoga Springs
    NJ
    Florida near Ocala
    Maine
    Ohio
    Wisconsin
    Virginia
    NC

www.nascarrvresorts.com will be updated soon with all the locations and details.

11. idealrv

idealrv
    Expand Collapse

NASCARRVRESORTS.COM

The locations have been chosen, see article
    NASCAR, partners plan up to 500 branded campgrounds

CHICAGO (Reuters) - NASCAR plans to roll out up to 500 branded campgrounds in the United States in a move to build consumer loyalty to the U.S. auto racing circuit and attract a new generation of fans.

U.S. | Sports | Lifestyle

The sports organization, known for its three stock car and pickup truck racing series, said on Friday it is teaming with Morgan RV Resorts and real estate investor and developer Silver Companies to open 13 locations this spring. The goal is to expand over the next decade.

"The NASCAR fan is an avid camper. Some numbers have put it over 60 percent are RVers. It's a perfect fit," Robert Moser, chief executive of NASCAR RV Resorts and co-owner of Morgan RV resorts, said in a telephone interview. "When you drive through our properties, you see that there's avid NASCAR fans.

"It's going to be a lot bigger for NASCAR than everybody's thinking right now," he added, saying the new facilities would introduce the sport to millions of consumers. "NASCAR and camping, you can't get more American than that."

Morgan RV Resorts, the largest private owner and operator of recreational vehicle facilities in the country, also sees this as a way to stand out in the $5 billion campground industry, he said. About 30 million Americans go camping every year, according to the National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but it is a licensing agreement under which the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing would get a royalty.

NASCAR, with an estimated 75 million fans, is one of the most popular U.S. sports, but it has been hurt by the recession as consumers cut back on attending races and companies reduce their sponsorship spending with race teams.

The RV sector also has felt the pain as U.S. motorhome makers saw demand for their vehicles evaporate as a result of the weak economy and related credit crunch. Still, Winnebago Industries Inc said on Thursday that demand for its biggest motorhomes showed signs of life.

While some tracks that host NASCAR races own adjacent campgrounds, the plan is to roll out the NASCAR RV Resorts further away from racing facilities in order to bring the racing experience to campers not at or near the tracks.

NASCAR, citing data from Simmons National Consumer Survey and Scarborough Research, sees opportunity as its fans are twice as likely to stay at campgrounds and twice as likely to own a motor home.

"In a sense, NASCAR has been in the camping business for more than 60 years," said Blake Davidson, NASCAR's managing director of licensed products. "The infield of any NASCAR Sprint Cup track demonstrates NASCAR fans' strong association with camping and RV ownership."

Before the 2009 racing season, NASCAR signed Camping World as the title sponsor for its truck racing series and officials said they would explore ways to leverage that relationship at the new campgrounds.

The branded venues will offer campers live NASCAR races shown on giant screens through DirecTV, tailgate parties, race weekend content available only at the campgrounds such as driver meetings, and NASCAR-themed activities, games and merchandise.

Morgan RV owns about 45 campgrounds, but the NASCAR campgrounds will be rolled out at non-Morgan facilities as well, Moser said. The plan is to rebrand existing campgrounds as well as build new ones.

12. grim509

grim509
    Expand Collapse

This sounds great, if the prices aren't through the roof! As an avid NASCAR fan with 5 kids, it's hard to make the races a family event without breaking the bank. This would be a great way to make it a fun family event. And it looks like there'll even be one here in 'Jersey! That'd be great for Dover race weekends! Keep up posted!

13. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

This would be the best thing that every happened. It would congregate all the confederate flag flying, tobacco spitting, beer guzzling, hillbilly bubbas in one park and keep the rest of the parks nice for normal people. (that strong enough?) Just kidding...sort of. I have my doubts about whether that concept or any other concept can be carried out by the principals listed for this deal. My experiences with Morgan is they couldn't spell "cat" if spotted the "c" and the "t". Good luck on this project, I hope it works out and I can have a weekend free of Bo and Luke Duke wantabes :)

14. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Feb 1 2010, 06:03 PM) [snapback]20833[/snapback]

This would be the best thing that every happened. It would congregate all the confederate flag flying, tobacco spitting, beer guzzling, hillbilly bubbas in one park and keep the rest of the parks nice for normal people. (that strong enough?) Just kidding...sort of. I have my doubts about whether that concept or any other concept can be carried out by the principals listed for this deal. My experiences with Morgan is they couldn't spell "cat" if spotted the "c" and the "t". Good luck on this project, I hope it works out and I can have a weekend free of Bo and Luke Duke wantabes :)

LOL... but I doubt that it will be priced low enough for these guys. Anything with the NASCAR logo is absurd. I followed NASCAR for many years. 1970's to 2000 and when it got too commercial I gave up. It's like in the 1980's after the movie Urban Cowboy and everyone wanted to be a Mickey Gilly look alike. The price of boots went through the roof. TV interviewed a real cowboy out in West Texas and asked him what he thought. He said " I'll be glad when these folks get into something else and I can afford new boots". Also my favorite is years ago when A.J. Foyt moved into his new shop (then) out off Hempstead Highway a friend and I were out there talking to his dad Tony. We asked Tony who was working on a dirt car ( midget ) why he didn't go to Indianapolis anymore. He said there was too much money in it and it wasn't fun like it used to be. He said this ( midgets and sprints ) were where the real fun was was.

15. rovinmom

rovinmom
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,
    My name is Paula Napper, and I am an author of an rv book. I was so intrigued by this idea that I contacted Morgan resorts and talked to the management about it. From what I understand, they will be starting off with 13 resorts that open in the spring. They are located at, Bushnell, Fl., Monticello, In., 2 locations each in Rockport and Old Orchard Beach, Me., Mays Landing, NJ., Gansevoort, NY., Maggie Valley, NC., Geneva on the Lake, Oh., New Market, Va., and Glenbeulah, Wi. From talking with them, they are very committed to providing a fun and affordable alternative to the race track. They plan on having show cars, a souvenier row, and jumbo trons at the campgrounds, as well as special guests from NASCAR. I hope this clears up some of the confusion about the resorts.

16. KampingKing

KampingKing
    Expand Collapse

:ph34r: Morgan Management to run The Nascar name into the ground. I have stayed at some of there CG's what dumps.

17. NeTREE

NeTREE
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(KampingKing @ Apr 28 2010, 09:52 AM) [snapback]21830[/snapback]

:ph34r: Morgan Management to run The Nascar name into the ground. I have stayed at some of there CG's what dumps.

Well... I'm not impressed, and even less so with Morgan as a company. Turns out they don't pay their vendors, and worse... they ripped my credit card without any authorization. It seems they're being investigated by the attorney general's office for doing that to many other people, too.

A big screen TV in a field with overpriced concessions... yep, just like at the race track. .

18. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Nascar RV Resort......... Hmmmmm......... would that be an RV resort where everyone has a brand spanking new tow car, and everyone walks around the park saying, "Nas Car?"

(Ok, that's a Jeff Foxworthy joke, and it's 3:00 AM and I'm being silly....... :p :p :p )

JJ

19. NeTREE

NeTREE
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Dec 6 2010, 07:10 AM) [snapback]25043[/snapback]

Nascar RV Resort......... Hmmmmm......... would that be an RV resort where everyone has a brand spanking new tow car, and everyone walks around the park saying, "Nas Car?"

(Ok, that's a Jeff Foxworthy joke, and it's 3:00 AM and I'm being silly....... :p :p :p )

JJ

Sure, but only south of Virginia. ;)

20. doubleaxlefifthwheel

doubleaxlefifthwheel
    Expand Collapse

I have stayed at a Morgan's Resort and would never stay at another of their places. As for their nascar parks - too much money to watch a race on a big screen tv.