New and how to post photos

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by travelingjw, Jan 24, 2018.

1. travelingjw

travelingjw
    Expand Collapse

We are new to this site but are excited about joining the group. We stumbled across it while planning our trip. One of the helpful aspects were photos of the specific camp sites. On our first trip I took photos of about 7 sites in our area and want to add them to the camp site but can't figure out how

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

At present you can add photos to those the the park, in general, but there's no way for you to "attach" a photo to a specific site within a park. However, you can put a title on your photo which would indicate the site where it was taken.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

To add photos to a park go the the park's listing and there will be an icon of a camera and a box with the words "Upload Photos." Click on it and you will be able to submit your pictures of that park.

4. travelingjw

travelingjw
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!

5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Just be aware if your uploading photos from your PC that are over 5MB you might have to trim them down a little with your editing software. Most of my photes have been under but a few have been just over the 5MB limit. RVPR site software will give you a message that you are over the limit.

Mike

6. TedandElle

TedandElle
    Expand Collapse

Just curious, how long do photos normally take to be approved? I wrote a review yesterday and uploaded 3 pictures with it. I got the email saying my review was approved, but none of my pictures were on the site. I re-uploaded one before realizing my original 3 probably hadn't been approved yet. I'm not in a hurry--just wondering how the approval process works.

7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Although it may not seem logical, the approval process for reviews and photos are separate queues. Therefore, there can be a delay between when your review posts and when your photos do, even though all were uploaded at the same time.

TedandElle likes this.
  8. TedandElle

TedandElle
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. I figured I'd check before too much time went by just in case the pictures were lost in the ether.