New Campers and Retired

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by Ladder187, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Ladder187

Ladder187
    Expand Collapse

Hello from Delaware.

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard from CT and congrats on your retirement!

We have a easy going forum here so don't be shy about asking questions or sharing any experiences and of course don't forget to post lots of reviews! :cool:

Mike

Ladder187, Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Ladder87 - Sounds like you might be retired from the fire dept. and if so thank you for your time and service in protecting your area served during your years of service. Welcome to the forum and as Mike said above we are a easy going bunch and look forward to hearing about your RVing adventures on the reviews side as well as your participation in the forum. Everyone can learn and everyone also can contribute so don't be a stranger..............

Regards, BankShot...........(aka Terry)

Ladder187, Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to Campground reviews. As Mike and Terry have mentioned, we are an easy going group. There are folks on board that have a lot of experienced and are very willing to share should you have any questions. If no one has encountered an issure, you will at least get an opinion or two.

Again, Eric one aboard!

Darrell and Jerry

Ladder187 and Paythebill like this.
  5. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

That should have read. “Again, welcome aboard”! Idiotic autocorrect.......

Ladder187, Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah sure Darrell. Blame it on the poor defenseless autocorrect........:rolleyes:

Movin' on down the road, Terry............(aka BankShot)

Ladder187, NYDutch and Paythebill like this.
  7. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard, glad your here..:)

Ladder187 and NYDutch like this.
  8. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Usually it’s the fault of my short,fat sausage like digits on a small screen phone but this time it was not. I was actually using a Keyboard and must have hit the space bar in error. Instead of leaving the space (I’m sure everyone would have caught my drift) it had to guess incorrectly what my meaning was.

Darrell

Ladder187, BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, you be off the hook on this one. Just be more careful in the future so you can be there with the rest of us who never make typos or errors in what we say or how we say it...... :p All the best to you Darrell............

Terry..................(aka BankShot

10. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

And I thought I was the only oen...

Ladder187 and BankShot like this.
  11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------------
    Okay Paythebill, we know you did that on purpose. Everyone knows how to spell 1.......:D

Terry................(aka Bonkshat)

Paythebill likes this.
  12. Ladder187

Ladder187
    Expand Collapse

Hey all,
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I did retire from the fire dept. but main job was in the HVAC industry. The wife and I have been shopping for an RV for years and traveled to Elkhart IN to look at 5th wheel trailers. Walked away from that with disappointment as the prices were way to high. Settled on a small motorhome which we have be using part time for two seasons. Latest trip was to Pompano beach FL. Had a fantastic experience. Drive down was different and stayed at two truck stops. Met a few nice people and overall I loved it. We opted to rent a car down in Florida and now looking for a tow car and blue ox setup for us.

Ray and Susie

13. Ladder187

Ladder187
    Expand Collapse

Wow, we have faces to scare you now. (just me) wife not included in this statement. LOL.

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  14. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi again Ladder187. Great to have you on board and participating on the forum. Also great to hear that your most recent trip south to Florida was a enjoyable and successful one. We are west coasters and have often talked about making the trek across country to visit the east coast and Florida but we seem to keep busy enough out here with all to see and do that it keeps getting put on the back burner. Perhaps one day...........:rolleyes: We don't tow and instead just rent vehicles at our various destinations but have heard that Blue Ox is the way to go. For sure a few others will jump in on this subject and give you some good advice and commentary about towing and what the overall best way to go is. Over the years we have found CGR (formerly RVPR) a huge benefit for planning trips and places to stay, etc. Planning the trip and then plotting out the distances we want to drive per day, then searching the area within those distances each day to find a park or campground that looks good to us, and then finally using Google Earth to give them a "flyover" and then drop down to street view and at times even be able to drive thru the park itself to check it out, really makes it easy to choose where we will stay. Hope you have many more trips that turn out just as your last one did. Be sure to post reviews on the "flip side" to let others know your likes and dislikes of the places you do stay. Again, welcome on board, travel safe and put some miles on that MH..............:)

Regards from out west, BankShot.........(aka Terry)

PS: You guys look happy and you did the right thing in how you clarified the "scary" comment. You never want to get the co-pilot giving you "that look"........... :eek:

Paythebill likes this.
  15. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

We use Blue Ox with a Brake Buddy on our Wrangler. Very easy to use and stow when camped.

FYI I have noticed that the most popular towed vehicles are Honda CR Vs and Jeep products. They are some of the easiest to tow four down. Good luck on your search for a towed.

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.
  16. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi Ray and Susie

Been in the HVAC trade for 35 yrs myself. Were still trying for another 2 or 3 yrs with our present truck & TT, after which we will start looking for a 30' touring RV, at that point I will be back on the forums asking lots of questions and doing my do diligence research!

Mike

Paythebill likes this.