newbie with questions about trip wizard

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by wrkoutgrl1, Apr 14, 2022.

1. wrkoutgrl1

wrkoutgrl1
    Expand Collapse

hello all and i apologize in advance for my ignorance. i am driving my class A for my first trip, from cincinnati to pocahontas park in VA. i am trying to use the trip planner on here, but its confusing me like crazy. it doesnt ask me a beginning and ending address (like google maps does). It does ask me where im starting, where i put my home address... and then it doesnt give me an option to put my destination after that. I dont see much help how to do this. I managed to finally get my home and destination in the map, but then it says something in yellow about no sites available between the 2 on the left side of the screen. id like to leave a day or 2 earlier and stay at another place on my way but im so confused with this map thing. am i overlooking something and making this more difficult than it should be? TIA for any help

2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Wrkoutgrl, welcome to the forum! Someone else here will probably help you better than i can. With that said, after using Trip Wizard a couple of times, i believe you need to "add stops" along the way. It took me a while to figure out the interface too.

I believe there is a Trip Wizard specific forum which should also offer some suggestions, and also try their tech support.

Good luck!
    Chris G.

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

vakesef329 and Paythebill like this.
  4. Johnie2Cheez

Johnie2Cheez
    Expand Collapse

Also new to this download and having difficulty with it. I posted a similar complaint and got a reply from an admin telling me to use the help features. Not getting answers, just telling me I’m doing wrong. I think I’m going to just delete this app and do what I usually do. I use a combination of AllStays app and Wazeor google maps. I figure my destination with Waze for approximate travel time then use allstays to find local campgrounds and check for low bridges and steep roads by comparing the Waze directions with any hazard icons on AllStays. Helps to use separate devices-I use my pad for directions and phone for hazards. A little awkward while driving but much more confident after doing the homework. Also heard about another app called iSpot that I’m going to check out….good luck.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I am sorry you feel you did not receive the help you needed.

However, I see where you received the following response from Janet, one of our admins, who responded your other post referred to in your last post here:

"Hi - The app (free version) is the mobile access to Campground Reviews (this site). You can use it to locate parks, search for amenities and add reviews and photos.

The PRO Version of the app (Paid) offer RV safe navigation / gps function and can also sync to our RV LIFE Trip Wizard - trip planner useful for planning long trips, locating rest areas, dumpstations and POIs. No ads display to pro users as well.

You can read about this here: https://rvlife.com/"

It was not our intent to make you feel like you were doing something wrong, and we apologize for any misunderstanding. We generally refer questions concerning the RV LIFE app and RV LIFE Trip Wizard to their help desk because this puts the member in touch with the admins who have the expertise to answer questions concerning the functions and the use of those programs.

Paythebill likes this.
  6. Hotrod27

Hotrod27
    Expand Collapse

you look along the route and pick your spots in the distances you want to stop , add in options as food or campsites or things to do as you make the trip expand , you can average 50 mph as a guestimate of your time to each stop , plus the time you stay at each site you pick