Not Rocket Science...which Battery For My Pop Up?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by NorthernIllinoisPlumber, May 9, 2010.

1. NorthernIllinoisPlumber

NorthernIllinoisPlumber
    Expand Collapse

I have a 1988 Jayco popup. Two outlets, two interior lights. I am not worried about a clock, have the cell phone. It would be nice to run a fan if really hot.

I thought about using a battery for a sump pump backup system, as they can pump the emergency system for up to 8 hours continuously.

Can anyone recommend a battery that they have actually used in their popup?

Thanks!

2. coacbcps

coacbcps
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(NorthernIllinoisPlumber @ May 9 2010, 10:29 PM) [snapback]22016[/snapback]

I thought about using a battery for a sump pump backup system, as they can pump the emergency system for up to 8 hours continuously.

Can anyone recommend a battery that they have actually used in their popup?

Thanks!

I am confused. :unsure: You have a popup that has a sump pump? I don't mean to sound ignorant but are you talking about sump pumps that people have in their basement so that the basement doesn't flood? Doesn't your popup come with a battery? Do you plan on camping in areas that don't have access to electricity?

3. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I don't understand either???

4. grim509

grim509
    Expand Collapse

he's comparing the battery type he would like to the type of batteries used to run sump pumps.

It all depends on what items you want to run off the battery, and how many amps or watts they draw.

A good resource would be www.popupportal.com it's a forum specifically for popups, and they have a pretty large base to draw info and ideas from.

5. NorthernIllinoisPlumber

NorthernIllinoisPlumber
    Expand Collapse

I am talking about using the type of battery that pumps an emergency sump pump. It is kind of like a marine battery.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out!

6. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I'd go to Walmart and get the biggest meanest deep cycle Marine battery that will fit the space in the popup. If there is room for two, then get two twelve volt and wire them in a balanced manner.