Opinions On A Florida Park?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Eaglemate, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Eaglemate

Eaglemate
    Expand Collapse

Friends I need a recommendation on a park in Florida for January through March. I need low density and close to a beach. Anyone have a favorite?

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Being a Florida native and an avid RVer, I have stayed in many that meet this request. Need more information.

What area of Florida? We are a huge state.
    Do you want salt or fresh water beach. Makes a big difference in pricing.
    How near the beach if salt water? Right on it or short drive or bike ride.
    These are the busiest months of course and the prices are at their max.

3. Eaglemate

Eaglemate
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Oct 17 2012, 06:07 PM) [snapback]31622[/snapback]

Being a Florida native and an avid RVer, I have stayed in many that meet this request. Need more information.

What area of Florida? We are a huge state.
    Do you want salt or fresh water beach. Makes a big difference in pricing.
    How near the beach if salt water? Right on it or short drive or bike ride.
    These are the busiest months of course and the prices are at their max.

Lindsay, here's the situation. I have a 5 year old that requires medical isolation in the RSV an flu season. I need access to any beach fairly close so she can spend most of her days building sandcastles. Low density or sites not crammed together are good, and a small community were I can grocery shop in a small, quiet grocery store. Last year we were on St. George but it was cold and foggy a lot of the month. We are looking further south.

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Boy, that is a tall order. Most beach front parks are high density and loaded with snow birds and have a variety of respiratory diseases themselves. I would think your best bet would be looking is South West, Florida. Just about everywhere is going to be full also. Typically, when they develop a campground, they cram them in for financial reasons. I wish I could be more help. If you have questions about various places, ask me. Google Earth and Google images would be of assistance along with this site.

5. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

Can you move every couple of weeks or do you need to stay put the entire time? Some of the Florida state parks offer some space and are near beaches, but there is usually a 14-day maximum stay. I've found that the snowbirds don't tend to stay in the state parks as they don't care to move around. Unfortunately, the beach-front ones tend to get a little rowdy on the weekends all year long.

6. GACampers

GACampers
    Expand Collapse

My husband and I stayed at Bryn Mawr in St. Augustine this past summer. It was nice and on the ocean side of the road. Of course, St. Augustine is a busy place.

http://www.brynmawroceanresort.com/

7. shw

shw
    Expand Collapse

Check out North Beach in St. Augustine. We stayed there last Feb.. Its in between the ocean and the Intercoastal waterway. The sites are not that crowded and has lots of "stuff" to do. Grocery stores and shopping not to far away in St. Augustine.

8. xtreme4jc1

xtreme4jc1
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Fort Pickens campground this past summer for a few days. It is a national park campground that is on the end of the island that Pensacola Beach is on. Don't know if it meets your requirements but the beach is right across the road from the first loop down a boardwalk. We were on 15. We could hear the waves crashing at night. A very beautiful place but it is a bit isolated. We had to go to Santa Rosa for groceries. There is a cool old fort just down the road and other more recent military stuff all around the end of the island, lots of history. You have to read the additional information on each campsite because they have a lot of scrub oak trees and their long low limbs inhibit height and length on some sites. We loved it there and would definitely go back.

9. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(xtreme4jc1 @ Nov 18 2012, 07:17 PM) [snapback]31942[/snapback]

We stayed at Fort Pickens campground this past summer for a few days. It is a national park campground that is on the end of the island that Pensacola Beach is on.

You want to go a lot further south than Fort Pickens that time of year if she wants to play on the beach.It gets cold up there in January and February some times in March to play on the beach.I would say from Tampa or Palm Bay south.Good luck finding a spot this late in the year.With out moving around some.But you will have some days even down there you would not want her on the beach.Can`t help with the privet parks much on the beach. :unsure:

10. Sundevil

Sundevil
    Expand Collapse

We also live in Florida, and your requirements are tough to get. Your best bet might be on the Gulf side, as there are very few campgrounds on the East Coast on the ocean. The property is just to expensive. I'd suggest between Bradenton and Fort Myers. Good luck.

11. lillianKofler1

lillianKofler1
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Eaglemate @ Oct 17 2012, 11:30 AM) [snapback]31618[/snapback]

Friends I need a recommendation on a park in Florida for January through March. I need low density and close to a beach. Anyone have a favorite?

The best place which I experienced and according to yors need is St.Augistine. Me and my friends had a great party bash over there .. It is exclusive surroundings and the atmosphere will make any bodys time a pleasurable moment.

12. alfredo

alfredo
    Expand Collapse

13. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Eaglemate @ Oct 17 2012, 09:30 AM) [snapback]31618[/snapback]

Well, let me clarify a little your message, you are planning to go from Jan-Mar in Florida, where in Florida? If you are considering the northern part (i.e. Pan handle up to Tampa,) during Jan and good part of Feb. is NOT a beach time, southern than that, excerpt for a few days miserable, the rest would be OK, if you are NOT considering the rates.
    I am spending my vacations since 8 years in Crustal River which is about one hour drive north of Tampa, there is a nice beach about 5 miles away but you still have to consider the weather there; Crystal river is a nice community with restaurants, shopping centers and all facility to have an easy life but the area is mainly good for fishermen.
    In closing, think about how much you are ready to spend and then make a decision.
    Florida is a very interesting place and if you are planning to visit around there are lots of places to go

14. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(Galli @ Aug 11 2013, 12:24 AM) [snapback]34424[/snapback]

Well, let me clarify a little your message, you are planning to go from Jan-Mar in Florida, where in Florida? If you are considering the northern part (i.e. Pan handle up to Tampa,) during Jan and good part of Feb. is NOT a beach time, southern than that, excerpt for a few days miserable, the rest would be OK, if you are NOT considering the rates.
    I am spending my vacations since 8 years in Crustal River which is about one hour drive north of Tampa, there is a nice beach about 5 miles away but you still have to consider the weather there; Crystal river is a nice community with restaurants, shopping centers and all facility to have an easy life but the area is mainly good for fishermen.
    In closing, think about how much you are ready to spend and then make a decision.
    Florida is a very interesting place and if you are planning to visit around there are lots of places to go

I assume you realize you are replying to a post that is nearly a year old. The OP had requested information for the 2012-2013 season.