Park Reviews Not Getting Posted

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by zrxh14, Jul 31, 2014.

1. zrxh14

zrxh14
    Expand Collapse

What is up lately with my posts not getting posted? Used to when I would submit a post it would never be later than the next day when it would be posted, now some of mine have been over a week or more. Also, I have gone back and looked for some of my reviews I know I submitted and were posted and now they are gone.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

First, I cannot find any of your posts (meaning messages in the forum) that have not been posted. Prior to this I could find only one other post from you, and it was submitted in 2004. If you feel you have submitted other posts recently, it would be helpful to know what topic they were in, but as of right now I cannot find any other posts from you.

I also checked on your reviews and you have a huge number that have been posted. As of right now there are 2 in the queue waiting approval. One is near the top and the other is about half way down. We admit to being very far behind with getting reviews out this year due to several circumstances. We are working not only on getting the reviews approved but also on a solution to get them out in a reasonable amount of time. The truth is we have just been swamped this year, receiving many more reviews than usual (yesterday alone we received 158), and we are doing the best we can to serve our members in the best way possible.

As for your reviews disappearing; all of your previous reviews have been posted except for four. These were not accepted because the date of stay was more than six months old at the time they were submitted. However, these were never posted so they could not have disappeared.

Because you have such a large number of reviews, I admit that I did not try to go through them to see if they were all there. However, if you will tell me the one's you feel are missing, I would be glad to check on them. If you do not wish to list the names of the parks here, you are welcome to send me a personal message through the system.

3. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jul 31 2014, 12:21 PM) [snapback]37537[/snapback]

First, I cannot find any of your posts (meaning messages in the forum) that have not been posted. Prior to this I could find only one other post from you, and it was submitted in 2004. If you feel you have submitted other posts recently, it would be helpful to know what topic they were in, but as of right now I cannot find any other posts from you.

I also checked on your reviews and you have a huge number that have been posted. As of right now there are 2 in the queue waiting approval. One is near the top and the other is about half way down. We admit to being very far behind with getting reviews out this year due to several circumstances. We are working not only on getting the reviews approved but also on a solution to get them out in a reasonable amount of time. The truth is we have just been swamped this year, receiving many more reviews than usual (yesterday alone we received 158), and we are doing the best we can to serve our members in the best way possible.

As for your reviews disappearing; all of your previous reviews have been posted except for four. These were not accepted because the date of stay was more than six months old at the time they were submitted. However, these were never posted so they could not have disappeared.

Because you have such a large number of reviews, I admit that I did not try to go through them to see if they were all there. However, if you will tell me the one's you feel are missing, I would be glad to check on them. If you do not wish to list the names of the parks here, you are welcome to send me a personal message through the system.

Love the site, but you have got some serious problems if the information provided is anywhere near correct. The most reviews posted on any one day in the last week was 17, if the "recent reviews" page is correct. If you are getting 100 to 150 reviews per day, where are the other 100 plus per day going? If they are stacking up and you can only process 15 or so a day, you must be getting close to the point that the reviews are going to be multiple months old before they get posted. That serves nobody's needs. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Jul 31 2014, 03:07 PM) [snapback]37539[/snapback]

Love the site, but you have got some serious problems if the information provided is anywhere near correct. The most reviews posted on any one day in the last week was 17, if the "recent reviews" page is correct. If you are getting 100 to 150 reviews per day, where are the other 100 plus per day going? If they are stacking up and you can only process 15 or so a day, you must be getting close to the point that the reviews are going to be multiple months old before they get posted. That serves nobody's needs. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

I can assure you that a lot more than 17 reviews a day are being processed! The "recent review" list has never correctly reflected all the "recent reviews". It is yet another problem with a software platform that we are working hard to replace. This issue is minor compared with some others.

I can assure you that I worked for quite a while last night and was only able to reduce the backlog slightly since new reviews came in at nearly the rate I was approving them. As of this moment the backlog is approximately 10 days from submission to posting. We're not happy about this but neither did we anticipate such a large increase in submissions compared to this time last year.

Obviously, we're going to have to figure out a way to speed up approvals, but we don't want to compromise the consistency and quality of our reviews that comes from the fact that every review is read and approved by a real person and not a "bot."

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I hope you will keep in mind that over all the years RVPR has existed (about 12 now), this is the first year that this has happened. Reviews have always stacked up in the summer, but in the past we have still been able to get to them within 2-3 days. This year there are some extenuating circumstances which have affected our productivity, but we are confident that the new site we are trying to launch will eliminate most, if not all, of the problems. Please try to be patient a little longer; I think you will find that the new site will be worth the wait.

6. Happy Camper X2

Happy Camper X2
    Expand Collapse

I remember when the site first started sometimes you would get a message when you submitted a review saying, sorry, camping this week, it will be at least 7 days before review is posted.

Most of mine have been taking 7 or so days, no big deal. The most resent list seems to go by camp date and not submit or review date so if you watch, some reviews never show up on that list but will show up 3,4 or 5 reviews down on the state page if someone camped in June but did not submit until July. Just seems that way anywho.

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Guys, your hard work is appreciated!

Yeah I was wondering why my last review took 9 days to be online, I usually average about 2 to 6 days.

Mike

8. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

The people that do all the hard work of reviewing and approving posts are all volunteers and I think they do a great job. With all the reviews they receive I sometimes wonder how they have time to do all this work and have a personal life as well. I don't understand why people are so impatient. I love this site and could never do that much work for free.

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Many of you have been aware that we have received a huge number of reviews this summer, far more than we ever have in the past, and this has resulted in reviews not getting posted as fast as in the past. I know all of our volunteer admins have worked hard to reduce the "deluge," and I also know that it has been difficult for them to find time to work reviews since most of them have been traveling this summer. I think they all deserve a lot of credit for helping get the queue down. However, there is one admin who has really gone beyond the call of duty. In the last few days he has worked in the neighborhood of 1225 reviews, and he has done over 2600 since July 17. That is incredible, and I just wanted recognize him for this. His efforts have currently brought the queue to a fairly normal level for this time of year, so thanks goes to him, and now that the queue is down a lot, maybe he can get some sleep!

10. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

You didn't "name names", Tex, so I'll just add a big "THANKS!" to him and all the editors for a great job! Keep up the good work folks!

11. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

We have great volunteers on this site. I applaud every one of them for their hard work and have wondered many times how they manage to have time for their own lives, especially during the busiest part of camping season. Thank you to all of you for the time consuming work that you do!!!!

12. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

A big thanks to all the hardworking volunteers!! You guys are the best!

Mike

13. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

"Hats Off" to you all. I don't know what we'd do without this site. We started out the first year using the Woodall Book and then found this site. Haven't seen the Woodall Book since.

14. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

My wife uses this site all the time now on looking for RV parks for us. We had the Trailer Life Directory, but that is now six years old and she feels there is no need to get another one. She even said and I agree with her if this site had a volunteer donation we would help out.

The Hitchhiker forum I go to use to have a donate button on the website now. The three guys running it needed some help since they were paying to keep it running. They got it. They were blown away on it all. It's set up now for many years to come.

15. TGordon

TGordon
    Expand Collapse

I submitted an extensive review of Nine Mile Falls this year (part of the WA state park system and one of the Riverside State Parks and to my knowledge no one had reviewed that park yet). So far that review has not shown up. I also used to receive an email letting me know my reviews were going to be posted and haven't received those this year, either. Did my review just disappear or is in in a queue somewhere waiting to be posted? We stayed there in June 2014.

16. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(TGordon @ Aug 26 2014, 07:37 PM) [snapback]37934[/snapback]

I submitted an extensive review of Nine Mile Falls this year (part of the WA state park system and one of the Riverside State Parks and to my knowledge no one had reviewed that park yet). So far that review has not shown up. I also used to receive an email letting me know my reviews were going to be posted and haven't received those this year, either. Did my review just disappear or is in in a queue somewhere waiting to be posted? We stayed there in June 2014.

It does not appear that TGordon is the name under which you post reviews since I cannot find any by that name. You can PM me your user name and I will be glad check on what became of your review.