Review Not Posted

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Kerry123, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerry123

Kerry123
    Expand Collapse

I have submitted three reviews however, one has not been posted. I thought I gave important information about the Lassen RV Resort campground. Why has it not posted?

Kerry123

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You need to check the listing again. As far as I can tell, your review was posted on 5/21.

3. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

I have sent 2 reviews in for posting.....unfortunately I tell the truth about my visits...and gave negative reviews......and none got posted.......and I'm sure this post will get deleted soon also.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(tiffinman @ May 29 2014, 05:33 PM) [snapback]36746[/snapback]

I have sent 2 reviews in for posting.....unfortunately I tell the truth about my visits...and gave negative reviews......and none got posted.......and I'm sure this post will get deleted soon also.

Nope, not deleted.

Funny thing, though, is that we have received 2 reviews from you, and neither one was particularly negative. You rated them a 7 and a 10. Since you only joined this site yesterday evening I can only assume that you submitted your reviews sometime after that, which means we have had them a total of less than 24 hours. They are not yet posted because they are fairly near the bottom of the queue which contains the 250+ reviews that came in before yours. We will consider them for posting when we are able to get to them.

And just to set the record straight, we do post negative reviews. Check out the reviews for Whites City in Carlsbad, NM, or Along the River in Ruidoso, NM. Both of these parks have good reviews, but they also have quite a few bad ones. You can also look at our list of recently posted reviews and almost always it contains reviews that received a rating of 3 or below. However, negative reviews must still follow the same guidelines as all of our reviews which require the reviewer to give information about the park including, but not limited to, the appearance, facilities, services, and amenities.

5. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Kerry123/tiffinman

Your legitimate concerns have previously been asked and answered by others. May I respectfully suggest that you both read the thread in this section of the forum: General Chat topic - Delay in Reviews Appearing.

6. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

This is a camper volunteer site. It will not be slick and fast, but honesty is never in question. I have had negative reviews posted.

7. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

Well......I'm not very good at math....but according to the ........most recent reviews ....... they " approve " an average of 10-15 per day. So with a overload of 250+ in the queue .... with more coming in daily......it may take several months before posts get posted.

I can see how that helps the serious traveler looking for current reviews.

Thank you........

8. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Of the 200 most recent reviews, it looks like at least 100 were processed and posted on 5/27. The volunteer editors do a pretty darn good job of getting new reviews posted in a timely manner. This is a very busy time of year for new review submissions, and getting a little behind is bound to happen from time to time. A few days wait for a new review to post does not strike me as a bad price to pay now and then for this terrific, and FREE, service.

9. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(tiffinman @ May 31 2014, 03:50 PM) [snapback]36761[/snapback]

Well......I'm not very good at math....but according to the ........most recent reviews ....... they " approve " an average of 10-15 per day. So with a overload of 250+ in the queue .... with more coming in daily......it may be months before posts get posted.

Thank you........

Been posting reviews for 7 yrs, been averaging about 2 to 7 days for a review to be posted.

be patient

Mike

10. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

I guess I'm reading the wrong statistic.......I'm looking at the dates of approval....the campground....the star rating ......the location. I don't see 100 per day being posted'

Sorry if I'm wrong......

11. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

I guess I'm reading the wrong statistic.......I'm looking at the dates of approval....the campground....the star rating ......the location. I don't see 100 per day being posted'

Sorry if I'm wrong......

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(tiffinman @ May 31 2014, 03:24 PM) [snapback]36765[/snapback]

Sorry if I'm wrong......

We don't really keep track of how many reviews are processed in a day (I guess the server keeps track but it is not anything we see), and I know it can vary greatly from day to day. As has been said several times, we are volunteers, and once in a while we all might have other things to do. We are not on a schedule, no one works at a specific time, and we are not required to meet a daily quota of approved reviews. We work when we can and do as many reviews as time allows us. This is our busiest time, and we do get backed up in the summer. I didn't count the reviews posted on 5/27, but it looks like a lot and probably more than we usually average. But I also think that 10-15 a day average is a bit low. The good news is while we have been explaining all this your reviews have moved farther up in the queue. Since they were submitted on 5/29 it has only been two days that we have had them. The reviews at the top of the queue came in on 5/28 so yours are not far behind.

Most RV parks have recent reviews posted even if the very latest is still in the queue, so Rvers should have no trouble getting a good idea of what the park is like even without seeing the newest review.

I might also mention that when you send in reviews, you should not put in all the . . . . . . between phrases like you do in your posts. Reviews with this type of punctuation are sometimes deferred back to the reviewer for revision.

13. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

Another thing that confuses me is that the most recent reviews that where approved TODAY evidently where written a few months prior. In months things can change ....but you wouldn't find out here.

Let me ask a crazy question. I belong to quite a few R/V forums and all post are instantly posted to a board....NO wait time

Why do ALL your reviews have to be censored BEFORE being posted ??????? Why not have curse word filters like all other forums .....and let the members post ????

Just think of all the free time the volunteers would have to go camping.

I just don't understand .

14. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(tiffinman @ May 31 2014, 05:57 PM) [snapback]36767[/snapback]

Another thing that confuses me is that the most recent reviews that where approved TODAY evidently where written a few months prior. In months things can change ....but you wouldn't find out here.

Let me ask a crazy question. I belong to quite a few R/V forums and all post are instantly posted to a board....NO wait time

Why do ALL your reviews have to be censored BEFORE being posted ??????? Why not have curse word filters like all other forums .....and let the members post ????

Just think of all the free time the volunteers would have to go camping.
    I just don't understand .

Reviews are processed in the order received. If some recently posted reviews were about stays from several months ago that is because they were just submitted. Quite often people save up their reviews from a vacation and submit them all at one time.

Although many forums enable instant posting, many review sites, including TripAdvisor, Amazon, Edmunds and numerous others, delay postings so that human staff can ensure they meet site standards. There is more to evaluating a submitted review than just passing it through a profanity filter. For example, we try to ensure that all reviews contain some information useful to other readers and are not entirely a recounting of a single bad experience.

Contrary to your comment, our posted reviews aren't censored, but do have to meet certain standards. You are welcome to submit reviews that are completely negative as long as they aren't entirely about a single incident that others are unlikely to experience.

15. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(tiffinman @ May 31 2014, 04:17 PM) [snapback]36764[/snapback]

Sorry if I'm wrong......

From the home page listing of the most recent reviews, click on the "More Recent Reviews" button at the upper right of the list.

16. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Tiffinman,

Relax. Try drinking de-caf. The admins on this site work extremely hard to get the reviews posted as soon as possible. If there is a problem with with one of your reviews for grammar, spelling or something else, they will let you know and send it back to your with some corrective suggestions.

17. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Hutch333id @ May 31 2014, 06:24 PM) [snapback]36771[/snapback]

Tiffinman,

Relax. Try drinking de-caf. The admins on this site work extremely hard to get the reviews posted as soon as possible. If there is a problem with with one of your reviews for grammar, spelling or something else, they will let you know and send it back to your with some corrective suggestions.

Hutch.....If they send back a review for " some corrective suggestions " isn't that censorship ??

By the way. I've been retired for quite some time....so I'm sooooo relaxed you have no idea. I don't drink coffee or alcohol. I understand grammar and I can spell. My wife and I live in our coach 7 months every year and travel the country. I'm just trying to find honest reviews of campgrounds so I don't waste our $$ and time. I don't know if you can relate to that concept.

Thank you for your explanation.......

18. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(tiffinman @ May 31 2014, 09:06 PM) [snapback]36773[/snapback]

Hutch.....If they send back a review for " some corrective suggestions " isn't that censorship ??

By the way. I've been retired for quite some time....so I'm sooooo relaxed you have no idea. I don't drink coffee or alcohol. I understand grammar and I can spell. My wife and I live in our coach 7 months every year and travel the country. I'm just trying to find honest reviews of campgrounds so I don't waste our $$ and time. I don't know if you can relate to that concept.

Thank you for your explanation.......

"Censorship"??? Not by a longshot... "Editorial review" would be much closer, insuring that the posted reviews meet the established standards and rules for publication.

19. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

Dutch...... Censorship is the suppression of speech or other public communication which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect . So call it whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.....but it is censorship.

Thanks for your reply.

20. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(tiffinman @ May 31 2014, 10:07 PM) [snapback]36775[/snapback]

Dutch...... Censorship is the suppression of speech or other public communication which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect . So call it whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.....but it is censorship.

Thanks for your reply.

Requiring that submitted material meets the standards of the publisher does not constitute "censorship". Get over it.

Have a nice life...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.