River Bend Rv Park, Luling Texas

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by CheetahGirl, Feb 18, 2009.

1. CheetahGirl

CheetahGirl
    Expand Collapse

This park has gotten pretty good reviews on this site, and it's fairly close to some friends we want to visit for a week or so next month. But my friend tells me there are oil fields in the area and would be concerned about the smell. Has anyone stayed here and did you notice any objectionable odors? Thanks.

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I see no one has much information on the oil smell problem. The oil smell can be on the bad side at times. I looked at all the comments and find no one had a problem here. We were in Norman OK years ago and oil well pumps were all around the RV park. Our motorhome was in 100 feet of one pump but I could not pick up any smell or odors. We can put up with about anything a short time and then we move on.

3. CheetahGirl

CheetahGirl
    Expand Collapse

We ended up staying at this park for two weeks in March and we really enjoyed it. The park has a very peaceful, relaxing feeling. It's nothing fancy, but has a nice pool, clean restrooms and laundry and free WiFi. Some long term residents, but their sites are neat and tidy, not covered with junk like you see at some parks. Most sites are pull throughs and many are long enough for 45' motorhomes and tow cars. I'd guess they are about 25' or so wide. There were a couple of mornings where we could detect a bit of the oil smell, but it dissipated quickly and was never really a problem. We look forward to the chance to stay here again.