Rv Campground In South Carolina

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by normvaloue, Apr 1, 2014.

1. normvaloue

normvaloue
    Expand Collapse

Hi ,I am looking for the best Rv Campground around Myrtle Beach that you can actually walk and here the Ocean from your Campsite

2. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Myrtle Beach Travel Park and Apache Campground both are right on the beach. I believe a couple of others are also. As far as I know, none of them are close enough so that you can walk around town, which, by the way, is a very large town. If you to go the link for Myrtle Beach and then click on the websites for each campground you can find out how close they are to the ocean.

3. LPW

LPW
    Expand Collapse

Hi, We just went to Myrtle Beach Travel Park in February. We picked this park because of the good review on this site. It is directly on the beach and is a very nice large park. We were very pleased and would stay at this park again. We were on a trip to Florida so we were only on an overnight stay and did not venture outside of the park.

4. mmil26

mmil26
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(normvaloue @ Apr 1 2014, 08:52 AM) [snapback]36054[/snapback]

Hi ,I am looking for the best Rv Campground around Myrtle Beach that you can actually walk and here the Ocean from your Campsite

Ocean lakes family campground is the best , on the beach and close to all the amenities.....check it out 5 star!!!1

5. edcornflake

edcornflake
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I met in Pirateland when we were kids. We now camp in Ocean Lakes. Lakewood is also in the vicinity (next to PL, then the Myrtle Beach Resort, then OL). All three are on the beach and each has something to offfer. Check all three out on their websites.

Ocean Lakes can be very busy in the summer, and some folks have complained in reviews about the golf cart traffic, but we actually enjoy all the energy. My kids know the place like the back of their hand because we would rent a house there before we had our first camper... it's a home away from home for them.

Another benefit is the available houses... if you want to spend a vacation with non RVing family, you can be in the same park and they can be in a house, just a 2 minute golf cart ride away from them!

6. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

Be aware that many of the campgrounds that are located on the beach have been there for decades and aren't necessarily built to accommodate big rigs. If you have a long RV with multiple slides along with a tow vehicle or a toad you'll find many of these "beachfront" campgrounds extremely tight and I do mean tight.

7. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

Very tight sites!