RV Park Reviews

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by jimbob07, Dec 29, 2014.

1. jimbob07

jimbob07
    Expand Collapse

I appreciate this website for the review section. We operate a park and rely on fair reviews to encourage folks to try us out. I just happened to look at the review section of one of the other RV websites...probably shouldn't say the name but it has initials G S...When I advertised with them ( very expensive) my reviews were VERY good....since I quit advertising the reviews are much lower and more reserved. The park has only improved and business is better than ever. Thanks for the review section here and, with any reviews, take them with a grain of salt.

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi jimbob07

I find your post Interesting, I have never wrote a review for GS. Just curious, do you or anyone know the requirements for posting a review on GS or differences vs the requirements for RVPR ?

Mike

3. jimbob07

jimbob07
    Expand Collapse

They have folks who work for them come by once a year and do the evaluation at the same time they sign you up for advertising. That evaluation or rating is posted on the website. I am not sure if other folks can post reviews on their website or not.

4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Yeah I definitely see a conflict of interest with that.

This is why I like this site... gives me more tools to make my own judgement on what reviews are worthwhile.

Thanks for your insight on this, Maybe some day we'll get out to visit your campground!

Mike