Rv Repair Shop Reviews

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by kingfish1, Jan 4, 2014.

1. kingfish1

kingfish1
    Expand Collapse

We have all been there. RV is broke in a strange place and you get a card from the desk at the RV Park Office to call. Half the time you get some kid who knows nothing or just ripped off. The other half of the time yoy get a great service at a fair price.
    But there is no site to go to to weed them out. We need one.
    I recently called a guy in Bradenton Florida to fix a leveler that wouldn't go up. I got ripped off by the guy. He charged my warranty Co. 800.00 and told them he fixed it when he didn't. When I got up to Ocala Fl. I called a Company on the HWH website and they fixed in 2 days but my warranty Co. wouldn't pay because the fist guy ripped them and me off.
    There is no place for me to go to Recommend the Secong guy or warn people aboit the fist guy.
    This is the perfect place for a parallel site for RV repairs.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Actually there is a website called rvservicereviews.com. I don't know how reliable they are, but I checked on some of the companies we have dealt with, and the reviews seemed to reflect the same type of service we received.

3. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

The RV service reviews website never seems to have gotten to a "critical mass" to where you could expect to find a listing for the area you need service in. Many of the reviews are quite old and are probably irrelevant.

IMHO it would be a great growth path for campgroundreviews.com Just like TripAdvisor has multiple categories of listings, service facilities could, conceptually, be added to the mix here without any problem.

4. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jan 4 2014, 10:11 PM) [snapback]35500[/snapback]

Actually there is a website called rvservicereviews.com. I don't know how reliable they are, but I checked on some of the companies we have dealt with, and the reviews seemed to reflect the same type of service we received.

I have used them in the past and have submitted reviews. Seem to be ok. Better than nothing I guess

5. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(docj @ Jan 5 2014, 11:07 AM) [snapback]35501[/snapback]

The RV service reviews website never seems to have gotten to a "critical mass" to where you could expect to find a listing for the area you need service in. Many of the reviews are quite old and are probably irrelevant.

IMHO it would be a great growth path for campgroundreviews.com Just like TripAdvisor has multiple categories of listings, service facilities could, conceptually, be added to the mix here without any problem.

Probably going to be tough going to actually reach that "Critical Mass". Just think about the percentage of visits to repair facilities compared to the number of parks you visit. Also, most any repair-type site is heavily weighted towards negative comments.

6. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

I have used rv service reviews from time to time and yes some postings are a little old. Wish more people would use it like this site.

There is even a website that a workamper could go to and review campgrounds they worked at. Good and bad. http://workcamper-reviews.proboards.com/in...i?action=logout But it isn't going over very well either.

7. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Nolan @ Jan 6 2014, 01:33 PM) [snapback]35518[/snapback]

I have used rv service reviews from time to time and yes some postings are a little old. Wish more people would use it like this site.

There is even a website that a workamper could go to and review campgrounds they worked at. Good and bad. http://workcamper-reviews.proboards.com/in...i?action=logout But it isn't going over very well either.

In order to use that web site you need to be a member of workamper. I don't think everyone can use it.

8. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

Are your thinking of workampernews? This isn't it. All you have to do is register. Just like on here.

9. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(nedmtnman @ Jan 7 2014, 09:43 AM) [snapback]35526[/snapback]

In order to use that web site you need to be a member of workamper. I don't think everyone can use it.

Yeah, I thought it was workamper but you're right. It is different. Not many reviews though.