Search Problems

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by MaineDon, Aug 4, 2012.

1. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

Can someone help me? I can't seem to get the Search mechanism to work here. I know I have seen prior threads on the service provided by the Good Sam Club's Road Warranty Service; but when I put "Good Sam Road Service" or even just "Good Sam Club" in the search box, nothing comes up. We had a bad breakdown on the north link of the Trans Canada Highway coming home in June and AAA let us down badly. I'd like to get a sense of whether Good Sam's service is any better. I know this has been discussed on here before.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Unfortunately this search engine will not accept a word with 3 letters or less. I searched on "good club road service", and I got many hits. I did not look for the specific thread you are trying to find, but there is a good chance it will be there.

3. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(MaineDon @ Aug 4 2012, 03:39 PM) [snapback]30313[/snapback]

Can someone help me? I can't seem to get the Search mechanism to work here. I know I have seen prior threads on the service provided by the Good Sam Club's Road Warranty Service; but when I put "Good Sam Road Service" or even just "Good Sam Club" in the search box, nothing comes up. We had a bad breakdown on the north link of the Trans Canada Highway coming home in June and AAA let us down badly. I'd like to get a sense of whether Good Sam's service is any better. I know this has been discussed on here before.

Try "Roadside Assistance". I was able to locate the correct thread that way rather than "good sam".

I used to carry AAA as well. A few years ago we had a flat on the Trans Canada half way between Banff and Calgary. We called them up and were told there would be a three to four hour wait. Our coach had a spare so I ended up changing it myself (in the rain). I did not renew the coverage so I too am looking for an alternative.

Darrell

4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

For coverage in Canada and the US, include Coach-Net in your decision making. Their RV specific knowledge and coverage is excellent by most reports. I haven't had to use them in Canada, but my experiences in the US have all been quite good. Good Sam's ERS is currently provided by Allstate Motor Club, so any experiences prior to this year may not be indicative of the current status.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We use Coach-Net and have had excellent service so far. In the small number of times we called a service truck was on site inside of one hour. They only deal with upscale companies from what we have saw so far. :)

6. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(MaineDon @ Aug 4 2012, 04:39 PM) [snapback]30313[/snapback]

We had a bad breakdown on the north link of the Trans Canada Highway coming home in June and AAA let us down badly.

Sorry to hear AAA let you down. Sometimes the problem seems to be the local state or provincial chapter. I had a similar experience in North Carolina a few years ago when my club in British Columbia switched me to the North Carolina one and it took 3 hours for someone to finally fix my tires. However, I have had other incidents from Californa to across Canada where the service was excellent. Hope you find a roadside assistance that can earn your trust again.

7. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the tips, folks. I have now found several threads with relevant info. Didn't know about the 3-letter rule for the Search Engine on here. I need to remember this in the future.