speed test results

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by wiredgeorge, May 5, 2023.

1. wiredgeorge

wiredgeorge
    Expand Collapse

I am camping at a park this weekend where we have frequently camper in the past. I have reviewed this park and do not wish to write another review. When I opened this parts page on campgroundreviews.com, I allowed location information and then ran a speed test. We are on campground WiFi. There didn't seem to be a way to select the manner in which we are connected and no results showed after the speed test on the campgound page. Why is that?

2. wiredgeorge

wiredgeorge
    Expand Collapse

In case anyone needs to know why a WiFi speed test won't post see an answer I received via email from site support:

To: "George Lesho" xxxxx
    Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 1:09:13 AM
    Subject: [RV LIFE] Re: Technical Support

Hello George

Thank you for contacting RV LIFE Trip Wizard/RV LIFE mobile app, part of the RV LIFE Pro suite of products.
    First of all-thank you for being an active member with your speed tests.

For the speed test locations, we first check with the browser location. If location is not enabled, we estimate location based on the IP address. In both cases, the location returned is dependent on information provided from your internet service provider.

If you do not have location services enabled in your device Settings, please do so.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Safe travels! Stacey

RV LIFE Support
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

On May 16, 2023 at 9:44:26 PM UTC, George L. Lesho Jr lesho@truevine.net wrote:
    Technical Support
    Name: George L. Lesho Jr.

Email: lesho@truevine.net

We camped at Soliel du'Coeur in Bandera Texas. We have stayed at that campground many times. This time I did a speed test using the campground WiFi and it has yet to show results on the campground page. What gives? Did I do something wrong? Thanks. George Lesho aka wiredgeorge

[ELYQ3G-E0L5V]