Staying in Nashville

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Fitzjohnfan, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Since we've never been, I'm just wondering if anyone has a suggestion where to stay, or where not to stay in Nashville? we will arrive on a Saturday afternoon, and go to the Country Music Hall of Fame early the next morning. Any parks have any shuttle service to the museum area?

Thanks,
    chris g.

2. DiamondJim

DiamondJim
    Expand Collapse

My favorite is the Two rivers resort on Music valley Road, Cloe to teh Opry and shuttles available to downtown throughout the day. It is next door to The KOA and Camping World. Have stayed at KOA and it is nice but m \ore expensive than Two Rivers.

3. campingantsweetrolls

campingantsweetrolls
    Expand Collapse

If you're aiming to be close to the Country Music Hall of Fame, the downtown area is your best bet. Hotels like the Omni Nashville or Union Station are great. Airbnb also has some good downtown options. Centennial Park is a must-visit. For transport, I'm not sure about shuttles, but Uber or Lyft are always around and super easy to use.

Just a heads up, if you are considering an Airbnb, it's sometimes nice to do a quick check on your host or the owner for peace of mind. I tend to use resources like https://tennessee.recordspage.org to make sure I'm not staying in some sketchy people's place esp around TN. It's nothing intense, just an extra safety step I personally take when dealing with strangers, especially when I'm traveling.

4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Thanks everyone for this advice, but we took this trip in May. We ended up staying at the Nashville I-24 campground which is outside of town in Smyrna. We were too tired after driving to go into town, so its still on our bucket list.

thanks again,
    chris g.