The new format

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Ron 2615, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Ron 2615

Ron 2615
    Expand Collapse

I find that the new format is more difficult than the old one to search. Is anyone finding the same thing . Bring back the old one .

2. xarmoreddriver

xarmoreddriver
    Expand Collapse

Difficult is right. Can not look at reviews decently any more. When you look at a review then hit back button it returns to the first page of reviews, even if you are on page four. Then you have to search through the pages again to the review you looked at and then go from there. Ridiculous. No thanks. I'll look for a new review site.

3. xarmoreddriver

xarmoreddriver
    Expand Collapse

I did write one but it disappeared.

4. traveling Shmoo

traveling Shmoo
    Expand Collapse

So, yesterday I was researching campgrounds in Massachusetts (there were several in the area we were going to). Today there are only 2 campgrounds showing in all of Massachusetts.

Anyone know what happened?

5. Ron 2615

Ron 2615
    Expand Collapse

Not sure what happened but they need to go back to the old format

6. Tech Admin

Tech Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Did you happen to have any filters on when you were searching? See screenshot below. If not, could you take a screenshot of the Mass. page w/ only 2 results and post it here?

upload_2020-2-9_16-31-38.png

7. tommyg

tommyg
    Expand Collapse

This is my addition of a "thumbs down" to the new format. It just seems to be much less user friendly. The mapping change is especially frustrating. Bummer.

8. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Why does it always have a button on the reviews that says "login to see all amenities", even though I'm already logged in to the site?

9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Chris - Read your post and logged in. Pulled up an RV park that we've been to many times and the page came up so I looked it over and saw some basic amenities listed and then below to the right was a bar with the wording "View all features and amenities" so I clicked on it and large drop down appeared listing all conceivable amenities. I saw nothing that said "login to see all amenities" but I believe that does appear when you are not logged in? Check it out again and see if you get the same thing I did. Hope this helps................

Safe and Happy travels, Terry...............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  10. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Hi Bankshot, thanks for the reply! I believe I am logged into the site,since I can post this message to the forum, yet this is what I see when selecting any park...

Attached Files:

Paythebill likes this.
  11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Okay, here's what I discovered and have had happen to me a few times. I have logged onto the forum and then switched over to the reviews side to find that I am not logged in there. When not logged into the reviews side that box with "Login to see all amenities" is there as you stated. If you are logged in to the reviews side then it is not. I tried this with several parks and it happens the same way. So make sure you are really logged in when you are on the reviews side. This did not happen with the old site but for some reason is now. Perhaps an Admiin will read these posts and take a peek at what might be causing this. Lots of "glitches" going on with this new site but I'm sure with a tad more time they will all get sorted out and will be working correctly. Hope this is of further help with this issue you've been having...............

One other thing I will add with this post is I am currently unable to log out on the forum side as it takes me to a blank white page and no further. I hit the back button and I am right back on the forums page and still logged in. I have to go to the reviews page to log out where I do get logged out....???

Regards, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  12. Sarge936

Sarge936
    Expand Collapse

This new and improved format SUCKS! Go back to the old format.

13. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

I for one have no problems with this new version. I understand that there is a few glitches left to straighten out so I’m able to deal with this situation. Give the admins and programmers time to get these issues ironed out and I’m sure that this site will be everything that it once was and more. When you see an issue report it, just complaining about it, leaving CGR, using a different site etc will do nothing. If you want this site become better than it once was stick around, give your 2 cents and I’m sure you will see what can happen.

FreeLunch, Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  14. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Sarge936 - Perhaps read what Fun Finders just said. Makes good sense. Moaning and groaning and just saying the new format SUCKS isn't going to get things fixed and working smoothly again. And to think this was your first post in the forum. What a way to introduce yourself to everyone.........:rolleyes: With that said, welcome to the forum. Stick around and you might be surprised at what pans out...........

BankShot

Paythebill likes this.
  15. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

It's a shame people feel the need to complain rather than make suggestions backed up by details to support the suggestions. I had to use a site today that was almost a nightmare that I'm dreading to have to use again. This site is great, even if there are some bobbles from the transition. The bobbles can't be fixed if admin isn't clear on the details of what people are actually experiencing.

Paythebill likes this.
  16. FreeLunch

FreeLunch
    Expand Collapse

Thank you everyone for your feedback. We're definitely working on fixing some bugs and tweaking things to make the new version better.

I wish we could change things as fast as you or I can think of them, but, unfortunately, it does take a little time to identify an issue, design the fix, code the fix, and test the fix. We're definitely working as fast as we can to make things better.

As mentioned on this thread, specific feedback is always appreciated and easier to act upon that broad based statements. I can't promise that your suggestion or bug will be fixed immediately, but we'll definitely read it and get it prioritized. We prioritize bug fixes and enhancements based upon how critical the bug/enhancement is, the level of effort it will take to accomplish the item, and the number of people it will effect.

Once again, we thank you for your patience and do welcome feedback as it'll only help with making the site better!

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  17. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

When changes happen & I'm frustrated because what's new isn't working the way what's old did, I try to keep in mind this quote by this esteemed gentleman when stating my opinions:

upload_2020-2-19_0-25-17.png

Lori

Paythebill, BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  18. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Amen to that leaf peeper!!! Perhaps what needs to be done is to round up all the whiners on the forum, give them each an Admin hat and let them have a go at running and monitoring the site for a month. Wonder if that might give them a new perspective on everything? For some probably yes, for some probably maybe but for the rest, probably not............ They walk amongst us.....:p

BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  19. FreeLunch

FreeLunch
    Expand Collapse

xarmoreddriver -
    I think what you're saying is you're on the home page and reading reviews in the "Recent Reviews" section. You then click Show More a few times to get to page four. Then you click on a review and it brings you to the park. However, when you clicked on the back button, it brought you back to page 1 of the "Recent Reviews" section.

We did make a change that allows you to do exactly what you're describing (if I interpreted it correctly) and it will also scroll you to the review on the page. Please let me know if I interpreted your feedback correctly.

Thanks!

Paythebill likes this.
  20. FreeLunch

FreeLunch
    Expand Collapse

BankShot - thanks for reporting this feedback. We had some issues like this in the past and thought we got them cleaned up. We're currently testing this right now and we're having issues replicating what you're experiencing.

1) Can you give us the url where you are logging into the forum? Do you use a bookmark or a shortcut?
    1a) When logging in, do you use the "Remember me" checkbox?

2) Can you explain the sequence of events that you are doing to see these issues?

3) When you are saying you are having issues logging out, what url/page are you on that isn't working?

Any extra information or screenshots would help us resolve this issue for good. Once again, we thank you for your help.

Paythebill likes this.