Travel Lite Express E14x?? The Casper of TTs

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by jdm831rlevi00, Jan 25, 2022.

1. jdm831rlevi00

jdm831rlevi00
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone have any experience with the Travel Lite brand campers, specifically models built before the company revamped?

I'm a complete and total Newbie when it comes to RVs. I know what I want and I've been searching for close to a year. I was about to give up when someone locally posted a 2014 Travel Lite Express e14X. The X is important - it's a pop-up hybrid, the X is the pop-out. It is exactly what I'm looking for: small, light weight, has a wet bath and small kitchen, and sleeps 4. But I can't find info or reviews on this camper ANYWHERE. Travel Lite closed down for a couple months or so and completely revamped their company. This sounds insane but I feel like they scrubbed any and all info about their previous models. I've found some for sale on lots around the country, and ONE post on Instagram. ??? But no private pics or reviews.

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hello welcome to the forum

I have no experience with your particular brand but I have been a hybrid owner for over 10yrs.

Things to look for, It looks like maybe the Rv your looking at has a fiberglass shell, so be careful to look for delamation. (where the fiberglass shell is not smooth and has a bump from water damage) Be extra careful to look at the bunk end door (tent end) as it is a higher risk stress point on the Rv and another common area where water damage is found on hybrids. Also carefully inspect the linoleum floor for discoloration or soft spots, this is another sure sign of water damage. Just my opinion be pepared to walk away if you find any signs of water damage

If you have any additional questions feel free to ask :cool:

Hope this helps
    Mike

#2 mdcamping, Jan 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome to the forum. I did a quick search for the model you are requesting info on and found several links offering both the standard and X models for sale plus this one that gives some info about the brand, etc. Hope you can open it and that it helps. I'm sure others will respond also and offer up more info. Perhaps even a few owners. When you begin your travels be sure to post reviews of the places you stay at and jump in at any time on the forum and add your two cents worth to topics you can contribute on, etc. Link follows below.................

https://www.pop-up-campers-trailer.com/travel-lite-express-e14-trailer.html

BankShot...............(aka Terry)