using the filter.

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Fitzjohnfan, May 25, 2023.

1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

So, i had the joy yesterday of trying to find an RV park in Florida for a one night stay. I did my usual proceedure of pulling up a map of the area we wanted to stay at (in Campground Reviews), and then calling ahead to see if they had space available. I knew i might run into a few issues with 55+ parks, but, wow 100% of the ones that answered either were 55+ (i'm over 55,my wife is under, and my adult son is 27), or wont take my 20 year old coach.

we decided to go back to the beautiful park we were at in Orlando and stay one more night for $25.00 (with full hookups!).

so now i'm experimenting with the filters for the first time. if i want parks that allow people under 55+, do i hit the X next to "kid friendly" or the X next to "no minors" or the X next to "55+".

Also, have you thought about adding a filter for "age restriction on RV"?

thanks,
    chris g.

2. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Wow you found a park in Orlando for $25.00 a night with full hookups:eek: That’s amazing what filter did you use to find that?

I would turn off the filter for 55+ and see what the results are then.

3. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

We were finding it difficult to get one night stays, seems many of the parks are full, or at least they say they are. The ones we did get into for the night seemed to be full of folks actually living there. Two we were in we saw the school bus dropping off the young kids. We don't have a 20 yr old motorhome nor under 55 so your issues is different. But still, having to make plans 6 months ahead is getting old.

Paythebill likes this.