West Yellowstone Rental Scooters

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by jmcf46, Jun 26, 2013.

1. jmcf46

jmcf46
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to be in west Yellowstone July and August and was wondering if you can rent a scooter in west Yellowstone. I checked online and cold not find anything. A 150cc scooter would be a good way to see Yellowstone and just get around on the cheap. Anyone know if you can rent or at least where in the area?
    thanks

Jim

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You might contact the West Yellowstone Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center. Maybe they can help you. Here is the info I found for them.

Address: 30 Yellowstone Avenue
    West Yellowstone Montana , 59758
    Email: visitorservices@westyellowstonechamber.com
    Phone: 406.646.7701

3. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion, worth exactly what it cost you, a scooter would be the absolute worst way to travel around Yellowstone, if they are even allowed. The extreme changes in elevation would tax a small scooter to it's limits. The weather changes abruptly, and a scooter would offer very limited ability to take multiple layers of clothing. The roads have no shoulders and the animals have no qualms about pushing you into the ditch. The other drivers on the road are watching for bears, wolves, elk, bison and not some guy on a tiny scooter. Rent a car, it will be more comfortable and safer.

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I took this shot from my truck with no zoom. I would not want to see him from a scooter. Also, I do not remember seeing any scooters there.Webpage