Yogi Bear;s Jellystone In Goodfield Illinois

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by schwoob, Feb 23, 2006.

1. schwoob

schwoob
    Expand Collapse

does any one know anything about this campground? We are thinking of going there in May, we have a travel trailer but my parents and brothers are going to rent a trailer that is on site.
    schwoob

2. Lyman

Lyman
    Expand Collapse

Their website

I can tell you that kids will typically have fun at Yogi Bear parks, but I haven't stayed at that one.

3. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

I haven't stayed here but this was on the review site

Goodfield

Campground Name: Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort
    Campground's website: http://www.jellystonegoodfield.com
    Years visited: 2005
    Number of sites: 330
    Hookups: Electric: yes 50 AMP: yes Water: yes Sewer: yes
    Cable TV: ?
    Telephone hookup at site: ?
    Modem hookup in office: yes WiFi wireless internet: no
    Shade trees: yes
    Waterfront sites: yes-lake
    Pull Thru sites: yes
    Big Rig access: ?
    Swimming Pool: yes
    Clean restrooms: no Clean showers: yes
    Pets allowed: yes
    Tents allowed: yes
    Family type: yes
    Nightly rate $: 35
    All Ratings (1=poor 10=excellent): 7

Campers comments:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This campground is very popular with families that have kids and offers many weekend activities. Facilities are not the most modern but serve their purpose and are decent enough. The park has many seasonal residents, most of whom seem decent. The park offers two restroom buildings (there is a third but its for seasonal residents and its locked), and absolutely spotless pool that we seen was cleaned every day. There was some litter in the park that appears to have been there for a while though it wasn't that bad. Quiet time was at 10:30pm and everyone basically settled down by then, there were no "partiers" near us nor any we heard or seen in the campground. Our main complaint was the restrooms in the main building by the pool (which were small though never full), the mens room had a chronically plugged toilet that would barely flush at all when it wasn't plugged and the womens room had one toilet that was out of order and one that worked but needed repair. The locks on the stall doors in the mens room left alot to be desired as none of them really worked. The restrooms could have been alot cleaner although we have seen worse. In the secondary restroom building everything functioned although that could have been a bit cleaner as well. We would come back here, though it would be nice to see new toilets that work and the restrooms kept alot cleaner. With a little work this park would really be nice. We camped here in a Tent Trailer in June 2005.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wasn't sure if you had seen it Maybe someone else has knowledge of it for you.