Yosemite Pines Rv Park In Groveland

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Denise M Smith, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Denise M Smith

Denise M Smith
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to know if anyone has ever stayed or had experiences or know of any kind of feedback about the Yosemite Pines RV Park? Any information you could give would be appreciated, thank you
    Denise :D

2. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Denise M Smith @ Apr 14 2008, 04:48 PM) [snapback]11196[/snapback]

I wanted to know if anyone has ever stayed or had experiences or know of any kind of feedback about the Yosemite Pines RV Park? Any information you could give would be appreciated, thank you
    Denise :D

I have only talked to them on the phone. I had to cancel my reservation's the day before we were leaving, snow!!!! We will be going in the next 4 weeks. The only bad thing I have ever heard and that's nothing to do with the park is Priest grade going to there, very steep. If you go before I do I'll look for your review, If I go I'll let you know.

Just my opinion,

3. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

Not sure I can help. I stayed for a week but it was several years ago. At that time it was OK . Location was very good in relation to the park. I think I read that new people had it now and suppose to be better.
    Do remember rt 120 had one heck of a good pull, coming in from the west.

4. Denise M Smith

Denise M Smith
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rodman @ Apr 14 2008, 04:16 PM) [snapback]11198[/snapback]

I have only talked to them on the phone. I had to cancel my reservation's the day before we were leaving, snow!!!! We will be going in the next 4 weeks. The only bad thing I have ever heard and that's nothing to do with the park is Priest grade going to there, very steep. If you go before I do I'll look for your review, If I go I'll let you know.

Just my opinion,

Thank you for any feedback you can give. I have reservations for June 15, 08. I would be coming in on 120 from Sacramento. How would you be driving into the Park? :)

5. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Denise M Smith @ Apr 21 2008, 08:05 PM) [snapback]11289[/snapback]

Thank you for any feedback you can give. I have reservations for June 15, 08. I would be coming in on 120 from Sacramento. How would you be driving into the Park? :)

I would be coming in on 59 out of Merced to 108 then back to 49. Use Mapquest and take a look at Priest grade. That is why I am hesitant on going in. I have been told by people who have driven it that it is very steep and windy, lots of logging trucks. I have the truck to pull it, not sure I want to. It does however look like a great place. I've changed directions, going to Smithwood out of Felton. I'll be interested on knowing how you did.

Just my opinion,

6. Denise M Smith

Denise M Smith
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rodman @ Apr 21 2008, 07:27 PM) [snapback]11290[/snapback]

I would be coming in on 59 out of Merced to 108 then back to 49. Use Mapquest and take a look at Priest grade. That is why I am hesitant on going in. I have been told by people who have driven it that it is very steep and windy, lots of logging trucks. I have the truck to pull it, not sure I want to. It does however look like a great place. I've changed directions, going to Smithwood out of Felton. I'll be interested on knowing how you did.

Just my opinion,

I have been to Felton. I stayed at River Grove RV Park. Very nice, right on the San Lorenzo River, you can walk to Henry Cowell SP and take the train to the Boardwalk. Very nice managers, WiFi, Spa and great sites. Just food for thought

Attached Files:

7. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Denise M Smith @ Apr 22 2008, 08:48 AM) [snapback]11295[/snapback]

I have been to Felton. I stayed at River Grove RV Park. Very nice, right on the San Lorenzo River, you can walk to Henry Cowell SP and take the train to the Boardwalk. Very nice managers, WiFi, Spa and great sites. Just food for thought

Excellent, thank you. Do they have a web site. I would like to see what amenities they have. I am always looking for somewhere close to home and pet friendly, esp since fuel is over $4.30 a gallon. I'm hoping you have a great time and come back and say, not a problem with that old road.

Have a great time,

8. Denise M Smith

Denise M Smith
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rodman @ Apr 22 2008, 08:13 AM) [snapback]11297[/snapback]

Excellent, thank you. Do they have a web site. I would like to see what amenities they have. I am always looking for somewhere close to home and pet friendly, esp since fuel is over $4.30 a gallon. I'm hoping you have a great time and come back and say, not a problem with that old road.

Have a great time,

http://www.campingfriend.com/RiverGroveRes...t.asp?file=Home

Here is there website, I'm sure you'll enjoy their park and amenities. Let me know what you think if you decide to stay there....Have fun :rolleyes:

9. Joe-n-Doe

Joe-n-Doe
    Expand Collapse

We are currently at Yosemite Pines. Pads are dirt and gravel, so you may have to level your rig. Haven't used the bath house and won't so can't give you any feedback there. WiFi works well and is included in the cost. Bring a patio rug to cut down on dragging dirt into your rig. Plan on it taking at least 1 hr and 20 minutes to get into the park.

There is a 1,000 Trails closer to the Yosemite. We drove thru it yesterday. Non-members are put into pretty crappy looking sites, close too.

RE" Priest Grade: There is a 7,000lb weight restriction on the grade. The front desk told us the CHP pretty actively tickets violators. I really wouldn't recommend taking it if you are towing, or are in a Class A or Class C. HWY 120 is steep, with beacoup curves. I think the speed limit is 35 MPH.

If you are considering cutting across from Oakhurst on HWY 49 reconsider. We did it hauling a 36 foot 5'er. The last 23 miles are a real bitch and not recommended for any combined length of 30 foot or longer. If you take it, it will be a real white knuckle, E-Ticket ride! :ph34r:

10. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Joe-n-Doe @ May 13 2008, 01:31 PM) [snapback]11484[/snapback]

We are currently at Yosemite Pines. Pads are dirt and gravel, so you may have to level your rig. Haven't used the bath house and won't so can't give you any feedback there. WiFi works well and is included in the cost. Bring a patio rug to cut down on dragging dirt into your rig. Plan on it taking at least 1 hr and 20 minutes to get into the park.

There is a 1,000 Trails closer to the Yosemite. We drove thru it yesterday. Non-members are put into pretty crappy looking sites, close too.

RE" Priest Grade: There is a 7,000lb weight restriction on the grade. The front desk told us the CHP pretty actively tickets violators. I really wouldn't recommend taking it if you are towing, or are in a Class A or Class C. HWY 120 is steep, with beacoup curves. I think the speed limit is 35 MPH.

If you are considering cutting across from Oakhurst on HWY 49 reconsider. We did it hauling a 36 foot 5'er. The last 23 miles are a real bitch and not recommended for any combined length of 30 foot or longer. If you take it, it will be a real white knuckle, E-Ticket ride! :ph34r:

Thanks Joe-n-Doe, Geez, my trailer is 35' and is over 10K#'s. I've driven the 49 out of Oakhurst and you are right, it's quite a ride even in a car, can't imagine pulling my TT. Looks like 1 park I will have to take out of my need to try list. Thanks for saving me $160 in fuel.

Rodman

11. 920maple

920maple
    Expand Collapse

We were up there a week or so ago, the place is easy to get in and out of with a 40 footer. The roads are dirt and gravel as are the pads so your rig is going to be dusty when you leave and i did see some folks with leveling blocks underneth. The wifi and tv work great and the showers were plenty big and clean, the people there were very nice and helpful, however the road up there (120) is a real toetapper, some very sharp corners and steep in some places, better have some power and if you dont have an exhaust or jake brake, youll be riding your brakes all the way down, be careful.

12. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(920maple @ May 18 2008, 10:02 PM) [snapback]11523[/snapback]

We were up there a week or so ago, the place is easy to get in and out of with a 40 footer. The roads are dirt and gravel as are the pads so your rig is going to be dusty when you leave and i did see some folks with leveling blocks underneth. The wifi and tv work great and the showers were plenty big and clean, the people there were very nice and helpful, however the road up there (120) is a real toetapper, some very sharp corners and steep in some places, better have some power and if you dont have an exhaust or jake brake, youll be riding your brakes all the way down, be careful.

Thanks again for all the information. You guy's have saved me an e ticket ride. Like I stated before Total truck and trailer I'm almost 60'. I have plenty of power and the jake brake but it's not worth the white knuckles when there are so many beautiful places that don't take that getting in to. Thanks, again

13. Joe-n-Doe

Joe-n-Doe
    Expand Collapse

Rodman,

Just to qualify my assessment of 120. Only 5-6 miles of the last 8-10 are curvy. That is the grade adjacent to Priest Grade. The rest of 120 is OK.

Go to the CalTrans website, click on maps, and then select the RV map. The map is broken into regions and shows those highways that an RV can traverse.

14. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

While on the subject...are there other RV parks anyone would recommend...perhaps closer... to Yosemite?
    Looking for at least electricity and level pads. Would stay longer if clean, esthetically pleasing and water/sewer available.
    Thanks B)

15. Denise M Smith

Denise M Smith
    Expand Collapse

http://stayatyosemite.com/rvs/lodging.htm

While on the subject...are there other RV parks anyone would recommend...perhaps closer... to Yosemite?
    Looking for at least electricity and level pads. Would stay longer if clean, esthetically pleasing and water/sewer available.
    Thanks B)
    [/quote]

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ May 25 2008, 08:24 AM) [snapback]11571[/snapback]

Thanks B)

Here is one more

Hope this helps

http://www.highsierrarv.com/

16. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Denise! :D
    Will check this one out.
    Cheers B)

17. pkerry8

pkerry8
    Expand Collapse

:D We just spent 4 nights at Yosemite Pines 5/28 - 5/30/08. It's a great park you won't be disappointed. Check out the park map on their website there are several really nice pull thrus that we liked. The site we had was nice and backed up to the woods but not very big. This is a pet friendly park with just the normal restrictions which our pets loved. The wi-fi connection was great as was the television. The park was about 1/4 - 1/3 full during our stay which made it very quiet. The only negative was it's all dirt but with the mats we had no problem...

We took Rte 120 both ways, it's a haul but its wider and there are many areas to pull over to allow other vehicles to pass. We drove down Priest Grade in the car to check it out and found it to be narrow and there aren't many places to pull over to allow passing. Avoid Priest Grade would be our suggestion and take the newer wider Rte 120. :D :D :D

18. Denise M Smith

Denise M Smith
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the information. Heading to YP this coming Saturday. I will purchase an outside patio carpet to at least keep the dirt and dust down. How was the check in? Any issues with the workers? I would of thought the park would of been sold out. Did you get to pick your own space or did they direct you to a specific space. Thank you and glad you enjoyed your visit
    :rolleyes:

19. pkerry8

pkerry8
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Denise M Smith @ Jun 8 2008, 10:36 PM) [snapback]11761[/snapback]

Thank you for the information. Heading to YP this coming Saturday. I will purchase an outside patio carpet to at least keep the dirt and dust down. How was the check in? Any issues with the workers? I would of thought the park would of been sold out. Did you get to pick your own space or did they direct you to a specific space. Thank you and glad you enjoyed your visit

:D Denise, I don't know why but we didn't take any pictures while at Yosemite Pines RV Park, we took so many @ Yosemite I guess we were pictured out! We just came back and relaxed.

We didn't have a reservation and took our chances because it was mid-week and after the holiday. Now, I suspect with many schools out for the summer, the parks maybe filling up, so we wouldn't have driven so far without a reservation. The check in was pretty easy. No issues with the office staff they were pretty friendly. Best Regards

20. chs_coach

chs_coach
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Denise M Smith @ Jun 8 2008, 10:36 PM) [snapback]11761[/snapback]

Denise: we're at Yosemite Pines right now. It's a pretty nice park and there are open spaces right now. There's another couple from Citrus Heights here that we met on a hiking trip to Wapona Falls. We live in Antelope. Check in was okay. Staff was efficient but not the most friendly we've met. There's a pool here and it's heated. The best closest gas is in Big Oak Flat about 5 miles before you get to YP. It's just before Groveland. We reserved way in advance but we would have been fine just showing up. On the other hand, we didn't like our spot orgiinally and they said that the spot we wanted to move to was booked (there were others available). Needless to say, the spot has sat empty all five days. Other than that, everything was fine, other than the fairly narrow spots.