Yuma Arizona Camp Sites? $$$$

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by jenthewren, Jun 22, 2011.

1. jenthewren

jenthewren
    Expand Collapse

Hi Everyone,,,,,,,,,,,, I"m just wondering if anybody knows of any not so pricey camp sites in Yuma Arizona.... and if you could please help me.

I phoned Westwind & Golf Resort,,, and holy cow!!! they want near $3000.00 to stay for 5 months this coming winter........ We just can't afford that..

We are looking for a pet friendly,, clean, with all amenities... not so fussy about a pool but would be nice.... Shaded trees would be very nice and for some privacy.

I hope someone here has camped in the Yuma campsites and could kinda guide me as to what you may have found as to friendly and not so expensive camp sites...

Something, maybe in the $300's would be nice to find,, thats per month by the way..that'd be 1/2 the price they're asking at Westwind park..

We did stay at a cheaper one 2 yrs ago,,,,, but no trees,,, wide open lots.. and my husband likes to stay where there is some privacy...and trees are so nice too.

I"d appreciate and advice please...... Thankyou kindly in advance....

Jennie

2. B. Kidd

B. Kidd
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jenthewren @ Jun 22 2011, 01:07 PM) [snapback]26574[/snapback]

Hi Everyone,,,,,,,,,,,, I"m just wondering if anybody knows of any not so pricey camp sites in Yuma Arizona.... and if you could please help me.

I phoned Westwind & Golf Resort,,, and holy cow!!! they want near $3000.00 to stay for 5 months this coming winter........ We just can't afford that..

We are looking for a pet friendly,, clean, with all amenities... not so fussy about a pool but would be nice.... Shaded trees would be very nice and for some privacy.

I hope someone here has camped in the Yuma campsites and could kinda guide me as to what you may have found as to friendly and not so expensive camp sites...

Something, maybe in the $300's would be nice to find,, thats per month by the way..that'd be 1/2 the price they're asking at Westwind park..

We did stay at a cheaper one 2 yrs ago,,,,, but no trees,,, wide open lots.. and my husband likes to stay where there is some privacy...and trees are so nice too.

I"d appreciate and advice please...... Thankyou kindly in advance....

Jennie

We have wintered at Desert Paradise RV resort last two winters. Has everything Westwind has but the 9 hole golf course and the pool, spa, shuffleboard courts are just a little smaller, but so is the park. Has wonderful trees throughout, compared to most parks in Yuma and is well maintained. Cost is approx. $400.00 per month plus electricity and they do not gouge you like some other parks on the electricity prices. My 30 amp, 32 ft. class C averages an electric bill of about $40 per month and that is with the AC running whenever we want to.
    We have friends that stay at Westwind but they can only afford to because they work P/T there.