Yuma, Arizona

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Sandra, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Sandra

Sandra
    Expand Collapse

We're heading to Yuma on Wednesday this week and haven't reserved anywhere. There aren't many reviews on the Yuma RV parks considering the number of parks there. Looking for more reviews!

Sandra

2. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

I workamped at Araby Acres last winter. I can't write a review about it since I workamped there. But it really is a nice place for being 21 years old. There are mostly park models. Most of the sites for RVs are out front. Most are back ins but there are a few pull thrus. There are sites farther back but don't know if they are open you'd have to call. The sites up front are near a busy highway. That is the only thing we didn't like about this park. 6 AM to 10 PM noisy traffic. Also there is a Marine Base near by with lots of military aircraft flying over. Border Patrol helicopters flying over all the time. Which didn't bother me, I liked to go out and watch. Are located about 5 miles from a Super Wal-Mart and it is easy to get to. The area is very busy from December to March.

The main reason we didn't go back to Yuma was we have street motorcycles and there aren't many roads there. We are in Harlingen, TX. this winter, lots of roads to ride but have had to many very humid (60% to 100%) and very windy days. (15 mph to 60 mph) Won't be back here next winter either. :D

3. Travelin Rose

Travelin Rose
    Expand Collapse

We are at Las Quintas Oasis RV Park in The Foothills. This is our 4th winter here. It is one of the newer parks in Yuma. The park has wide paved streets and large level gravel/sand sites with concrete patios. It is very big rig friendly (some parks in Yuma are not). There are about 500 sites, mostly RV sites. But they do keep moving in park models, so in the coming years it will probably be like a lot of the other parks with fewer and fewer RV sites.

There are a lot of good parks in Yuma including Sun Vista, Country Roads, Cocopah & Del Pueblo. Check their web sites to see their amenities.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Sandra,

This city has more RV parks than people. We did not find any that were very good. Most were large park 1000 plus sites with very little space on each site. It was very hard get into and out of some sites. I think the same people come back to same places each year. I remember "Bus 8" was full of parks on each side of road. I wish we had better information. The city was not my bag of tea. Travelin Rose is a pro at great places and he has a good one to camp in. Take it!

5. Travelin Rose

Travelin Rose
    Expand Collapse

John Blue, Thank you for the complement. We have been to many parks and do know the differences between the good ones and the bad ones. We agree that Yuma is not a great city. But we like the winter weather here, warm, low humidity, no bugs. Negatives are the wind and sand sometimes blow. We also enjoy all the fresh vegetables and citrus fruits that are grown here all winter.

Travelin Rose