Tire Pressure Monitors.

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by gsbogart, Jan 21, 2008.

1. gsbogart

gsbogart
    Expand Collapse

I have been researching tire pressure monitors. I want the flow through type as you can add air without removing the monitor. Also I have valve extension (ZIP or zero internal pressure) on the coach and do not want to have to remove them for air filling. I also want the type you can change the battery/ies yourself.
    The only one I have found thus far is $500 for the sensors and monitor, on line, and you must send them back to the factory or distributor and they charge $25.00 to replace the battery in each unit. On a 10 unit system (6 for the coach and 4 for the tow car) that is $250.00. This is a ridiculous situation that requires a 50 per cent repair every couple of years.

Does anyone have a better mousetrap?

2. sparky

sparky
    Expand Collapse

I have a 34 ft Bounder--I bought Pressure Pro system during a Good Sam Samboree---the couple is from NC .I praise the system and the seller---they send e-mail asking, how I am and are there any problems---who else would do follow ups .
    I love having the monitor-I know exactly what's going on---I don't have to waste time--pulling off wheel covers just to check tires-sit in drivers chair---push a button.
    sparky in southern ,Va.

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Oh heck, instead of fussing with tire pressure monitors, I just bought a portable air compressor. Pretty neat! Plug into cigarette lighter, pump the tires, done! The only problem is..... if you drive a class C or A and don't pull a car, well, the hose won't reach from the dashboard to the tires. So, I use my car to check the air and pump some air BEFORE a trip. Then, I put my car in the storage area, take off in the RV, and PRAY that I don't lose air while travelling.

JJ

4. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi DXSMac,

Get yourself a unit similar to this!

http://www.roshgo.com/Merchant2/merchant.m...ROD/00408/24012

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Feb 2 2008, 12:58 PM) [snapback]10113[/snapback]

Oh heck, instead of fussing with tire pressure monitors, I just bought a portable air compressor. Pretty neat! Plug into cigarette lighter, pump the tires, done! The only problem is..... if you drive a class C or A and don't pull a car, well, the hose won't reach from the dashboard to the tires. So, I use my car to check the air and pump some air BEFORE a trip. Then, I put my car in the storage area, take off in the RV, and PRAY that I don't lose air while travelling.

JJ

5. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The HCI Corporation has Tire-Safeguard that you can add air without removing the sensor. I do not have them but look at web site below or call for more information. Monitor around $195, $55 for each flow through sensor, and $50 each for cap sensors. Battery life around 7 years.

www.tiresafeguard.com (562)926-7123

7. sparky

sparky
    Expand Collapse