New Site Problems? let us know here..

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Janet H, Nov 13, 2014.

1. TobyPup

TobyPup
    Expand Collapse

2. TobyPup

TobyPup
    Expand Collapse

Yes, both are up to date. I have the same problems on my iTouch.

Also Canada and Mexico appear nowhere in the search function.

#22 TobyPup, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Just noticing some items,

When I go to a state home page, then I click on a campground, the campground doesn't show the latest restrooms and shower ratings, but when I go to the state, then town, I do get the restrooms and shower ratings. I believe those rating are important and should be available to see going both ways.

As of now I can't get all the history of the reviews on any campground... campgrounds with large review history only show 1 page.

Concerning my profile, I did a trip to West Virgina and it doesn't show on my user map, but I can find it on google maps? so I'm not sure how to fix that

Also on my reviews I get words like this didn’t when it should say "didn't"

One small personal preference, liked the RVPR review total on the old home page, hope that's coming back.

Thanks,
    Mike

#23 mdcamping, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  4. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I totally agree. I always checked the reviews first. As a manager of a CG I read the low ratings first so that I could see if there were comments about things in other CG's that might be good advice to improve our CG.

5. hoppytoad

hoppytoad
    Expand Collapse

Regarding the revised format for reviewing, I miss the spell check.Hope you can put it back.

Snidely Whiplash likes this.
  6. Gyropilot

Gyropilot
    Expand Collapse

Couple of things...

When viewing the reviews for a specific park, the small pull down menu to change the sort order has no effect when using Apple's Safari web browser (version 8.0) on a Mac computer. It works fine with Firefox (version 33.0.2) on the same computer.

Please add additional park review sort options along the lines of "most critical first" and "most positive first".

Thank you!

7. hoppytoad

hoppytoad
    Expand Collapse

Also, by the time I get ready to write a review, I have no idea what the amount of the tax we paid. Why not just have us put down what we paid; who cares what part the operators get, and what part goes for taxes?

8. Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash
    Expand Collapse

Searching for big rig and 50 amp campgrounds within one hundred miles of Dayton Ohio returns only the Dayton KOA. I know there are more. Searching the same around Xenia Ohio returns no campgrounds.

9. Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash
    Expand Collapse

I get exactly the same. Even downloaded chrome for my iPad and get the same result.

10. hr08

hr08
    Expand Collapse

Why did you do this. Former site easy to navigate - now I can't seem to get lists of parks but will keep trying.

11. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

On the home page there are about 3 CG's mentioned as "popular nearby" but what are they near by? They are no where close to where I am at all. Does it mean they are close by where this website is located?

12. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I'm not seeing the "popular nearby" list and thought that it had been eliminated (which had been recommended during testing). Now I'm really confused.

13. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I have personally verified that the map works correctly with Chrome, Firefox, IE 11 and Safari. It has to be a settings issue with your computer since we know it can be displayed. Try clearing the cache also.

14. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Most browsers contain their own spell-check-as-you-type capability which has made this feature less significant for many people.

15. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

There's no fundamental problem with what you are asking for, highest scores first, lowest scores first. But how would you handle the fact that some parks have reviews going back 10 years. Would you want old reviews, either positive or negative, to be at the front of the list if they were that old? RV parks often change dramatically as owners or managers change. Old reviews aren't necessarily a good guide to current conditions.

We're open to suggestions as to how to handle this if you can think of any.

FullTimingRVer likes this.
  16. Gyropilot

Gyropilot
    Expand Collapse

I've just entered two new (previously unlisted) RV parks. In both cases the correct city for the RV park doesn't exist as a choice in the city pull down menu so I was forced to use another nearby city... apparently a city previously used. Now I could understand this situation if the city in question were some tiny deserted hamlet, but when it's huge Palmdale, CA, something is wrong!

HERE'S an example of one: Elks Lodge 2670

Note that the RV park address show the city is Minden, NV when it's actually in Gardnerville, NV? I was forced to add Gardnerville to the street address instead... confusing.

Thanks!

John

17. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

The only "list of parks" that I can think of is the list you generate when you search for parks within a radius around a city. You can still get such a list by going to the Search screen.

18. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I have an iPad running iOS 8.1. I have tested the home page with both Safari and Chrome and I see both the map and the US/Canada/Mexico buttons. What you are seeing is the "mobile platform" homepage that I see on my Android phone. I'm not sure why you are seeing that but the fact that I can see the correct page on my iPad means that it is a settings or update issue.

19. Gyropilot

Gyropilot
    Expand Collapse

Yes... I'd like to see them all no matter the age.

I think it's safe to trust most users to give more weight to newer reviews.

Thank you,

John

20. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks folks for your comments - even the negative ones. They are helpful and we are slowly working through them making adjustments, etc.

Regarding the reports of not being able to see the interactive map on the review home page - we have had several and so there are clearly some who have this issue. we are working to identify the reason and while it's likely a local browser configuration, we need to understand it so we can help.

Funny characters in text - this is a conversion issue. It appears that some special characters (apostrophes, etc) weren't properly converted and we'll try to get this cleaned up.

FullTimingRVer likes this.