Reviews not posted

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by xarmoreddriver, Jul 14, 2015.

1. mclovin318

mclovin318
    Expand Collapse

One would expect it to take a while to review each review....especially in the summer months. I have found this site quite helpful. I do wish more people would write reviews on here.

2. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I am not a bean counter, but by my estimate they have already done at least 1000 reviews this summer. Can you imagine the staff it would take if that number showed up at a rally, all at the same time. :)

mclovin318 likes this.
  3. mclovin318

mclovin318
    Expand Collapse

This is true. However, that's not a lot conisidering all the campgrounds across the U.S.A.:D

4. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

It is if you log on and see 900 some reviews pending. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time LOL.:)

5. ColemanTT

ColemanTT
    Expand Collapse

Sorry - I'm not buying the cake. I was not aware of the two review rule and was wondering why I was not seeing my second review - turns out it didn't get submitted - my fault most likely. Immediatly after resubmitting this afternoon, it was reviewed by an admin and deferred because I guess I described my experience more than the CG. After asking about the 2 post rule, I received a snotty reply from the admin about how it is posted in two places and I just clicked on the box without reading the guidelines. Well - I did read the guidelines posted on that page, I didn't see the link to the expanded guidelines. Reading these posts, it seems that a lot of people make the same mistake, and I don't think I deserved being slammed for it. So in my case - in the middle of the summer - the most busiest of times, my newley submitted review bubbled up to the top of those fabled 900 entries, was read, deferred, and now sits unposted - most likely because I replied to the person and told them what I thought of their snotty email.

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I have looked at your reviews and can explain what happened.

You submitted your first review back in August 2014. We require first time reviewers to submit 2 reviews for different parks and have both of the reviews approved before either one is posted. Because you did not submit a second review until recently, the first review remained on hold all this time. Then on Aug. 7, 2015, you submitted your second review which allowed BOTH reviews to be placed in the pending approval queue. Because reviews are placed in this queue in the order they were submitted, the review from Aug. 2014 went straight to the top because it was dated a year before the others in the queue. Your second review was placed in the same queue, but much farther down the list with the other reviews from Aug. 7, 2015.

So it stands to reason that since your Aug. 2014 review was at the top of the queue, it would have been read very quickly. It was, and it was approved. It also stands to reason that your Aug 2015 review would have to wait several days before it would make its way to the top of the queue. In most circumstances this would be true, but when an admin notices that this is a new reviewer situation with one review being quite old, he will seek out the second review and approve it also. If he does not do this, the older review will not be posted until the newer one has reached the top of the queue which during the summer months can amount to several days. This is simply our attempt to get older reviews posted as soon as they become eligible instead of making them wait for the second review to reach the top of the queue.

Unfortunately, however, your situation does not end here. Your second review needed some revision, and it was returned to you so that you could do that. This delayed your first review from being posted. As of this moment I see that you did revise your second review and have resubmitted it, and it is currently pending approval again. Normally it would take a while for the admins to get back to it, but in order not to draw this out even longer, I have again found it in the queue and posted it. Now both of your reviews are posted.

I hope this has explained this situation, and we are sorry for any misunderstandings it may have created.

7. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

When I log in to the site and check the new reviews posted I am amazed at how many are being posted this time of year. I know there are so many being sent in and the volunteer workers have lives of their own and yet they are still approving so many reviews every single day. Bravo to you guys for your hard work!!!!! We are lucky to have such hard working people checking the reviews on their own time with no pay but lots of criticism from people that don't have patience.

Hutch333id likes this.
  8. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

I don't know for sure how many reviews will have been submitted so far this summer but my guess would be that it runs in to the thousands. Then factor in that not all reviews are well written and may require either some basic spelling or grammar corrections. Next add in the list of new campsite and campgrounds that I see keep appearing plus some other general reasons why some reviews may have to be returned and all this must add up to some serious time for the admin group, who, like others have said, are all unpaid volunteers trying to fit this job in around their own private lives. Personally, I think they do a great job.

dalsgal likes this.
  9. dbasinger

dbasinger
    Expand Collapse

First of all I want to thank all at campgroundreviews.com for this website. As a campground owner, this site is critical to our success, and I recommend all of our campers to (that do reviews) to not only visit the site, but to post reviews. Reviews are necessary, not only for campers to be able to find great campgrounds, but for the campgrounds to get feedback on the service that they provide.

With that said, I know that we have had a few reviews sent in over a month ago from campers reviewing our campground this year. I can see from the postings that you are busy, and I can really appreciate that. It would be very nice to provide some kind of information to reviewers as to when their review may be expected to be posted. You don't have to be exact. Do what restaurants do, give a slightly longer expectation time, and post a little sooner.

Again, we depend on these reviews to help get campers to come and visit. Recent reviews reflect that we are continually providing consistently good service, and that it wasn't just a fluke for an occasional camper. Having new reviews each year reflects that commitment to service.

Thanks again for all that you do, keep it up, and get to work, lol.

10. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

The reviews currently being processed were submitted on the 27th of July. Reviews submitted "more than a month ago" would have long ago been processed.

There are two main reasons why specific reviews you are aware of haven't yet been posted:
    1. The review was the first one submitted by a user and it won't be posted until a second review has been approved. This site policy was developed to reduce the incidence of false reviews submitted by owners and employees, or
    2. The admin who processed the review returned it to the submitter because it did not conform to site policy with respect to one of several areas of concern. For new users the most common reason that a review would be deferred (as we term it) is because it didn't include much, if any information about the park other than a comment such as "nice place, would return." We don't feel that such comments provide information that others can use to decide if a park is suitable for them so we ask submitters to add a few words.
    Of course, if a review is returned to a user for revision, no one can guarantee that they will take the time to re-submit it.

Thank you for your support of RV Park Reviews.

11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

dbasinger, thanks for your support. Most of the year we are able to post reviews in about 1-2 days, but in the summer, it is really hard to predict how long it will take. I can say that right now it is taking us about 7-10 to get to new reviews. I can also add that in July alone we received 4710 reviews and so far in August we have gotten 1421. We really are working as fast as we can, but it is just going to take a little longer right now.

I appreciate and understand your concern that reviews are important to your park and that it is taking a long time for them to be posted, and you have also indicated that several were sent in over a month ago. I checked on this, and found that two reviews have been submitted for your park in 2015. However, our guidelines state that all first time reviewers must submit two reviews for different parks and have both of them approved before either one will be posted. In each case, your reviewer has not yet done this, but if they do send in a second review and have it approved, we will be glad to post their reviews for your park.

We truly appreciate that you ask your guests to send in reviews, but they must meet our guidelines before the reviews will be posted. I'm sorry for this inconvenience, but it is one of the ways we use to insure that reviews are from legitimate reviewers.

Again thanks for your support and please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

PS: I did not see that docj had already answered you when I posted this. Didn't mean to bombard you.

#31 Texasrvers, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  12. ColemanTT

ColemanTT
    Expand Collapse

Texasrvers - Not complaining about your rules and I understand why the reviews were not posted, just don't need the snarky attitude from a member of your volunteer staff who as of late last night is still baiting me via email.

I'm not sure what this site has to gain over treating people this way. I'm sure park owners like the one above are grateful for your site, but I'm not sure how mistreating the people that provide your content over a simple misunderstanding is a benefit to you. I'm not sure what will motivate me to return.

Good luck and please tell that volunteer to cease emailing me, or I'll mark it as spam.