List of most luxurious beach RV parks

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by chrisacrossamerica, Jun 6, 2016.

1. chrisacrossamerica

chrisacrossamerica
    Expand Collapse

I've been wanting to visit a more luxurious RV park, and as a big fan of beaches I found this list to be pretty interesting:

https://camera-source.com/blog/most-luxurious-beach-rv-camps-across-america

Has anyone been to any of these, or can you suggest another spot this list left off? I'm looking to stay in the southeast for this next trip, but I'm open to ideas anywhere in the U.S.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak for the southeast but if you ever do consider coming out west, check out the Palm Springs/Palm Desert and Indio areas in CA as there are some really high end RV resorts you might like. Be prepared to pay double and triple what the average RV resort/park charges but these places have lakes and fountains galore, paver/brick type parking pads and even offer built in BBQs and other high end amenities you simply won't find in other standard type parks. One resort in particular comes to mind and it is located in Indio. I don't think I'm supposed to mention names but let's just say that the first word in it's name is "Motorcoach" and you can only get in if you have a Class A coach and it best be in great condition/shape or they will turn you away. We've never stayed there but did a drive thru one time and it was impressive to say the least. And you'd also best have several "C-notes" in your wallet and be ready to part with them for just a 2-3 night stay........... :D Oh, and do write a review if you ever do stay at this one so the rest of us peons can drool and start saving our nickels and dimes....:(

Safe travels and bring your sun screen...............BankShot (aka Terry)

Jason Goodwin likes this.
  3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

As I understand it, you can name any park you want to as a recommendation, just not ones you have any financial interest in either as an owner or employee.

Jason Goodwin likes this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Thanks NYDutch, I wasn't sure. With that said, the full name of this RV resort in Indio, CA is "Motorcoach County Club" and it has got to be in the top 5 RV resort/parks in the country. Full golf course, 2 miles of waterways to float your boat on if you have one to float around in, and so many amenities it puts a standard RV "resort" to shame. Some spaces even have their own private casita with everything needed to cook and entertain outdoors, etc. Too rich for my blood but who knows, someday we may just have to go spend one night there just so I can put our two person rubber inner tube in the water and go floating about................. :D

5. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

OK @BankShot @NYDutch explain the whole country club concept to me I don't get it:)

6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

There are a few of what are sometimes called "Motorcoach Resorts" across the country that are tied in with either an existing golf course or that have been built from the ground up with a golf course on the property. Many of those are pretty much high end parks with really fine site setups on small lakes or right on the fairways, etc. Elaborate outdoor patios with outdoor cabanas and kitchens and services and other amenities that go way beyond the average or normal RV park. Usually these types of resorts will only allow a Class A coach to enter and, that coach has to be accepted as to its age and condition. So in reality they are trying to keep out the average RVer for sure and making it a place where the elite meet to enjoy their RVing lifestyle. As to the cost of entry. If you have to ask you probably either can't afford a night there or you wouldn't be willing to pay the price if you could. That's basically my take on it. I don't knock it I simply don't care to pay that entry price.................

Regards, BankShot...........(aka Terry)

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Looks like they list Bayley's camping resort in ME... no mention of anything...

Mike

#7 mdcamping, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  8. dbnck

dbnck
    Expand Collapse

We stayed there in May 2007 for FREE. They had a promotion for up to five nights free in the new sites that hadn't been improved without outdoor kitchens and the like.

It was totally hassle free. Made a reservation, checked in at the entry gate, and they never bothered us at all. I've had much less pleasant experiences at places where I was paying.