Building New Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by CajunRoamie, Jul 8, 2006.

1. CajunRoamie

CajunRoamie
    Expand Collapse

Hi All,

New to this forum, I am looking for any and all information that would help me in building my park in Stowell, Texas. :) I am a lil overwhelmed so all help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. rvingwithkids

rvingwithkids
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(CajunRoamie @ Jul 8 2006, 06:28 AM) [snapback]4556[/snapback]

Hi All,

New to this forum, I am looking for any and all information that would help me in building my park in Stowell, Texas. :) I am a lil overwhelmed so all help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Search the forum, there is an old thread about this. I doubt any of it has changed, so just read it.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

This subject was on about six months ago and tons of information was sent in. Everyone would love to see the prefect RV park, you know W, S, 50 amps, free WiFi, cable TV, nice trees, long level cement pads, blacktop roads, nice lawns, pool, nice store, near some town or city, and very low cost per night. This would be a good deal for RV people. Ha Ha The other person was working a new park in Theodore, AL west of Mobile.

Your first name is Cajun. What town or city in south LA will this park be in? We spend a lot of time in Cajun land. People, food, Cajun music, and lots of fun are great down in southern LA.
    I have KBON radio in Eunice (www.KBON.com) playing on my laptop as we write this information. As you know lots of Cajun people over in east TX.

I see you know about Nacogdoches also. F#16325

4. Wanderlust

Wanderlust
    Expand Collapse

I would offer this suggestion to visit a park that is top notch. Check out Topsail Hill State Preserve in Santa Rosa, FL. It is a Florida State Park on 30A just off highway 98. This is one of the finest parks my family has used. Full utilities, privacy (landscaping between sites), shade trees, excellent roads, clean, well maintained, and friendly staff. A visit there would give you some great ideas for your new park.

5. Lynnwagoner

Lynnwagoner
    Expand Collapse

I really think Bensen Palm Village in Mission, TX is unique. There are three large circles in the middle of the park...all pull throughs. Between each site there is a nicely landscaped area. Because of the cirlcles there is a good amount of room between each rig. Also, in the middle of each circle there is some sort of acitivity. Go to their website and check out the layout. If I were going to build one I would probably copy this concept. Good luck...

Lynn Wagoner

6. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

I would suggest an assortment of cabins, both bare-boned and with bathrooms & kitchens; also individual shaded tent sites would be nice...a lot of campgrounds offer a field for tent camping...and I usually stay away from those...if I wanted to camp in a field, I could find one that's not a campround and camp there, LOL...meaning tent campers would like individual sites with privacy, a picnic table and firering just like any other camper in a trailer or motor home would.

Also try to build the amount of restrooms around the amount of sites you have or if you are going to expand in the near future...try to keep a good ratio so that when you're full you don't have people waiting in lines to use the restrooms and showers. I think a good ratio would be one restroom/shower building with four toilet stalls and four shower stalls per camping loop...a camping loop containing 20 to 30 sites.

Also it would be nice if you're going to allow campers with pets that you allow them to have a loop of their own, where they can walk their dogs and clean up after them...and where those who don't like camping with pets won't have to worry about seeing, hearing or looking at them.

7. aMazin

aMazin
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(CajunRoamie @ Jul 8 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]4556[/snapback]

Hi All,

Thanks

Well they only posted here once...does this mean they gave up on the idea of openinga cg. Or they are so busy they haven't been able to get back here?

8. Sverlinde

Sverlinde
    Expand Collapse

Away from airports, freeways, train tracks, etc... Loud noise in the middle of the night can drive people nuts. Also add kid activites, such as, mini golf, playground. Parents with kids usually look for a family oriented park. B)

9. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Building a new park ???

Was also wondering what happened to them. Maybe they are still busy reading the other threads on building a new park, or may even be on the road looking at other parks and or talking to Rvers. Could also be; they are very busy building the park. Your guess is as good as mine. Very interesting !

10. CajunRoamie

CajunRoamie
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(BBear @ Jul 21 2006, 09:01 PM) [snapback]4611[/snapback]

I would suggest an assortment of cabins, both bare-boned and with bathrooms & kitchens; also individual shaded tent sites would be nice...a lot of campgrounds offer a field for tent camping...and I usually stay away from those...if I wanted to camp in a field, I could find one that's not a campround and camp there, LOL...meaning tent campers would like individual sites with privacy, a picnic table and firering just like any other camper in a trailer or motor home would.

Also try to build the amount of restrooms around the amount of sites you have or if you are going to expand in the near future...try to keep a good ratio so that when you're full you don't have people waiting in lines to use the restrooms and showers. I think a good ratio would be one restroom/shower building with four toilet stalls and four shower stalls per camping loop...a camping loop containing 20 to 30 sites.

Also it would be nice if you're going to allow campers with pets that you allow them to have a loop of their own, where they can walk their dogs and clean up after them...and where those who don't like camping with pets won't have to worry about seeing, hearing or looking at them.

11. CajunRoamie

CajunRoamie
    Expand Collapse

Hello All,

Its been a while, I am still in the process of building my park, Hopefully I can have something going this year. Its just taking a lil longer than I had expected. My funding was not in order so that means I have to save a lil more before I can continue. My dream was to build my park and be home with my children. I am a single parent. I work long days so I don't have a lot of time to check the discussion board, sorry for not getting back here sooner.

Thanks to everybody for all of the help.

12. NetworkNomad

NetworkNomad
    Expand Collapse

[

Say, are you looking for investors? Tell me more about your plans. I believe in the area, in general.

Contact me privately at shurley@affordmyhome.com

Thanks.

quote name='CajunRoamie' date='Jul 8 2006, 08:28 AM' post='4556']
    Hi All,

Thanks
    [/quote]

13. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

The previous posting looks like an advertisement and or a solicitation---for a business. Just my opinion !! Beware !!!

14. CajunRoamie

CajunRoamie
    Expand Collapse

No I am not looking for Investors.

Sorry if you thought that, I will have the park running by the end of this year.

Have a great day!

[/quote]

15. Big Mc

Big Mc
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(CajunRoamie @ Jan 25 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]5913[/snapback]

Hello All,

Its been a while, I am still in the process of building my park, Hopefully I can have something going this year. Its just taking a lil longer than I had expected. My funding was not in order so that means I have to save a lil more before I can continue. My dream was to build my park and be home with my children. I am a single parent. I work long days so I don't have a lot of time to check the discussion board, sorry for not getting back here sooner.

Thanks to everybody for all of the help.

Good luck with your venture. My husband and I bought a park so I could work at home as well. My 4 year old now attends "pre-school". She's a handful and our park consumes me. I work 15-18 hours a day with the park and he works full-time "on the road" to pay our mortgages. He is now an RVer and sees the other side of the coin. We have a greater appreciation for our patrons now. We keep telling ourselves, "it's all for the greater good". One day we can both be here and still have years with our children to appreciate them and the great people we are fortunate enough to have stay with us.

I honestly wish you the best of luck !!
    Contact me via our website if you need anything. Even the little things can overwhelm anyone.

Leah J Leon
    McIntosh Lake RV Park
    www.mcintoshlakervpark.com

16. janmcn

janmcn
    Expand Collapse

I commend you for doing this research!
    My only addition to what folks have told you is to consider making the pads not only long, but wide. I've been to several very new parks and they are lovely, but the long, level pads are too narrow once our slides are out to walk on anything other than vegetation or dirt to get to our bays, hookups, etc. If you even just have something like pea gravel along the sides for several feet width it helps keep our rigs clean and your park well-groomed. Visit a park and see how wide one needs to have their sites .
    Best of luck with your endeavor.
    Jan

17. krobbins

krobbins
    Expand Collapse

I have built a couple of parks in the past. One is Moab Valley RV park in Moab, Ut., and the other is
    Angels Camp RV Park in Angels Camp, Ca. The park in Angels was built as per. Engineered plans and Moab was designed and engineered by me and the original owners. Neither of them are real fancy, but they are nice. They both have 30 or 50 amp RV sites with plenty of room for sliders
    and lawns with tables.They are equiped with ample water pressure as to need pressure reducers. A seperate dump area is very helpful for those who do not want full hook-up. You need to have more pull-thru sites than you think you will need and all sites sloping rear to front for drainage, level from side to side. They have wide enough streets for ease of manuvering into and out of sites.
    They both have cabins as well as tent sites, some with electrical outlets. Laundry and shower facilities are necessary, a pet area is a must, and a small store is a nice addition. Don't forget the ease of park access from streets or highways. Last, be the most helpful and polite people rv'ers ever meet on the road; and, KEEP YOUR PARK CLEAN!
    Your customers willl return and tell others if the are comfortable and relaxed

18. jmo

jmo
    Expand Collapse

Hey...come to NC and build. We need more campgrounds in middle of state in my opinion. I40 stretch.

Must be expense but also wish we would see more of the RV port communities you see in FL, TX and TN mostly.

Kate

19. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I ran a Bed and Breakfast which would be similar and I can tell you that you will be on call 24/7. It is a great life and can be lots of fun, but can also be a killer. Be sure you have the right location and will get drive by business. Location is critical. Be careful in selecting employees. A great employee can cover a lot of sins and can really help with your repeats and referrals which are necessary for your sucess. Good Luck