What happened to spring!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by mdcamping, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Well here in central Florida it is clear and sunny. But the temp has fallen to a bitting 62 degrees.. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.....:rolleyes:

2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Yah......Brrrrrrrrrr!! ;)

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

62 degrees!!! Where I live when it gets "up" to 62 degrees all the neighbors on the street get together at old pond in our birthday suits and swim around amongst all the ice blocks that are still floating around in it. Nothing like a nice cool swim on a blistering hot day............!!! :p

BankShot...............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  4. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Wow! Gee thanks Terryo_O for that mental image:eek:

mdcamping and Rollin Ollens like this.
  5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

On the subject of cold, finishing our first day of camping and its been some years that we have camped with temperatures this cold. I am running both the gas heat and my portable electric heater, mostly because I don't want to run out my 30# propane tank by Sunday when we check out...

Today has been tough, lots of rain with sleet mixed in. Did manage to get a few hrs of fishing in. Cought a couple of trout, one was 14"...not to bad considering the weather.

More fishing is planned and Friday and the weekend, weather is supposed to improve but stay COLD.

Definitely glass half full! :cool:

Mike

6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

mdcamping likes this.
  7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Say What??? Speak up Darrell, some of us can't hear you.............:D

Hope you and Jerry are having a great old time. We are still waiting on the MH to get done.......:(

Terry..............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  8. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

HELLO TERRY!!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Thanks for asking, we are doing all right. It is starting to warm up a bit on the East Slope of the Canadian Rockies. Right now though, we are in Vancouver, BC visiting daughter number two and for adopted daughter's wedding. Temps here are in the mid teens C (55 F) so tolerable.

What's up with your coach? Time to light a fire under their butts? Temps must be getting pretty nice in your neck of the woods by now. I believe you are itching to get to the Oregon Coast are you not?

We hope you get it back soon and when you do, watch out for the idiots!

Darrell & Jerry

BankShot, Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    LOUD & CLEAR DARRELL - - - Say hi to my hometown while you're there and if you have time grab some fish & chips wrapped in a newspaper funnel down in Stanley Park from the old sidewalk vendor that hangs out near the mini train ride. Boy, those were the days.. We had hoped to have the coach back yesterday but that didn't happen. The rear camera didn't arrive on time and it looks like next week now. The Oregon coast is definitely yelling at us to get up there. The weather has been good this past week and looks to be more of the same for at least another week. Glad all is well with you two, and the home on wheels. Which direction will you be pointed in when you leave Vancouver. PM on that if you want so we don't bore all the others with our ramblings.......:rolleyes:

And you watch out for the crazies also, especially on Highway One east. Those folks are worse drivers than what we have to offer down here........:eek:

All the best, Terry.............(aka BankShot)

PS: I see a few posts up that Mike........(aka mdcamping) has been out ice fishing again and caught a couple of nice trout that he's no doubt cooked up and scarfed down by now....:D

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  10. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

Right now it is a balmy 63 degrees outside with a high of 70 up here in the great white north. Just took our 5er out of storage but too early to de-winterize it. You never know what Mother Nature has in store for us. Getting ready for our upcoming trip to the US West Coast in 4 weeks.
    Hey BankShot is a better way to get from Malibu to San Francisco,highway 101 or I 5

11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd go 101 as it's a lot more scenic than I-5. PCH (Hwy 1) is the most scenic but not a great road for RVs, especially if you are 30 feet and longer. There are a few curves and narrow areas where it can get really tricky driving or towing a larger RV. I-5 is the fastest route but you still have to cut back out to the coast to get into the general bay area. If you are wanting to make time then take I-5 and take Hwy 152 off at Los Banos and go west over to 101 at Gilroy and then north from there into SF, and that should work out fine. Hope that helps, travel safe and breathe some of that ocean air for those of us who are currently hanging out a couple hundred miles inland...............:(

Regards, BankShot...............(aka Terry

Paythebill likes this.
  12. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

No catch & release this time...Yum! :cool:

Mike

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  13. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Remind me to send you via a PM an old recipe I got from a friendly ice fisherman years ago on how to cook up trout that will taste so good you will think you are in fish heaven. I only give this recipe to select folks that's why the PM thing. If I gave it out on the forum the guy I got if from would put a hit out on me..........:eek: Eat hearty Mike, that trout looks great and if were nearby that fryin' pan at least one of them would mysteriously disappear..............:D

All the best, Terry..............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  14. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Oh my , check out the vintage coleman camp stove that mdcamping cooked his trout on! Looks like an original. It is hard to believe it is still working. Goes to show ya, years ago things were made to last. Buy a camp store today and you hope you get two years of use out of it before it is rusted out.

mdcamping likes this.
  15. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

:cool: I use King Kooker smoked fish rub. I will season the fish right after I clean them and into a ziplock bag. Later I cook the fish In a teflon pan, some extra virgin olive oil, add more fish rub seasoning and slow cook them. :cool:

Mike

16. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I have a 50 year old Ashflash lantern too! :cool:

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  17. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, now that I've been backed into a corner and my life will be in constant danger, I do this of my own free will for my fellow RVers..............

*Clean trout completely, open up flat but do leave both halves attached by the skin, and place on heavy duty aluminum foil flesh side up. Fold foil sides up all around so as to keep juices in

*Sprinkle freshly chopped garlic (amount can vary according to personal taste) lightly over both halves of said trout and baste with softened butter, again proportionate to personal taste

*Place on open grill and cook over medium-high flame watching as butter melts and begins gently rolling off onto the foil

*Cook for several minutes and then turn fish over flesh side down and continue cooking for several more minutes

*Turn trout over one last time flesh side up, sprinkle with fresh chives and pour a tablespoon of light Rose wine over both halves

*Let cook a couple more minutes until done, remove from grill, take to table in the foil, serve and enjoy. Tastes just like chicken.........:D

I'm a dead man now, BankShot...........(aka Terry)

NYDutch, mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  18. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Wow. We were without an internet connection for a wee bit and the forum is now full of unread material. We missed you folks!

FYI We have been out or the province of outrageous fuel prices for a couple of weeks now. We have landed in Alberta's Bow Valley for the summer. Ummmmm but we are still awaiting spring here. It snow here a couple of days back. We are expecting a great summer though.

Mike (aka mdcamping), you need to visit this part of the planet. The Bow River is world class Trout territory and it looks like you know your way around getting them cooked. We're ready for a fish feast anytime you care to make it happen! :)

Darrell & Jerry

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  19. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hey Darrell I like eating trout as much as catching them, (actually I Iike eating almost any fish) Bow River will be on bucket list! as with all of the west coast! :cool:

Mike

Rollin Ollens likes this.
  20. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

02.jpg

I'm hijacking your thread again Mike. At the outset, we were all looking for spring. I'm now looking for SUMMER to come back.

We have spent that last few months in Alberta's Bow Valley. It has been beautiful here........up until this morning. SNOW!!! About six inches of the white crap. See pics.

I know there is some wacky weather happening on the East Coast, and snow in September isn't all that unusual around here, but we aren't planning to head South until mid October so we really want to warm weather to return. Looking for a long Indian Summer.

Darrell