Tried to add a new park

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Goshawk, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Goshawk

Goshawk
    Expand Collapse

Tried to add a new park in West Virginia that I have not visited yet, but will in two weeks. Just as a reference for now, with a review later.

1) Can not add a park without a review, and that is several pages of data. Llooks like will need to be persistent in sharing this information. Would be nice if we could enter a new park, and then do a review later.

2) When experimenting with entering a new park, it asks me to choose a nearby town, and the nearest town is a long long place away. But suppose the database of towns in each state has to be limited in some way. At least the address can be posted.

or do I understand this wrong?

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

If the town that's listed by the park is not already in the RVPR list, you can request that it be added using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. Adding a park without a review would be disappointing to folks finding the park listed with no reviews. We click on park names expecting to see reviews.

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

While NYDutch is correct that we prefer that a review be included when a new park is added, that is not a requirement. Once you have entered the information for the new park and saved it, the system will display the review form for you to fill out if you want to. Otherwise just click off of that page and only the new park will be submitted for approval.

Paythebill likes this.
  4. Goshawk

Goshawk
    Expand Collapse

okay will try again and make sure I push through until I think the park is saved. Thanks for the clarification on the steps. Its not easy making a web site do all things for all people but this one seems to work pretty well.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Let me be a little clearer: Yes, please save the park information after you have entered it and then the review form will appear. That's when you click off of it if you do not want to submit a review. Also if you have any trouble with this, let us know here or better yet, contact our help desk by clicking on the Contact Us/RVPR button located at the bottom of each page.

6. Richard and Pat

Richard and Pat
    Expand Collapse

Hi. I am trying to add a new park but the form will not accept the website. When I hit save, I get a pop up that says add url pointing to the space where the url is.. what am I doing wrong? I’m sure I have the correct url. Thanks

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm guessing that you are not entering the URL in the correct format. It must have "http://" before the "www". A correct format would look like this: https://www.campgroundreviews.com/. Try that and if the website is still not accepted, send a message to our help desk by clicking on Contact RVPR link at the bottom of the page.

8. Goshawk

Goshawk
    Expand Collapse

how long does it take for a new park that was added to be available in your search tool? Just recently added HYCO Lake park today, but was not sure if it had to be reviewed before it was accepted as a new park.

and need to be careful to use INTERNET EXPLORER browser as some other browsers seem to block the mechanics of the web pages.

9. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Yes, new parks have to be approved by a site administrator before they are published.

Lori-

10. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I use Chrome and have no problems with any of the features of this site.

11. Goshawk

Goshawk
    Expand Collapse

I tried to use firefox and did not work well.