"Any Takers?"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Apr 21, 2021.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

At the current rate of membership growth since I started this thread it's very possible that someone is going to win the big award that I so graciously offered.............:D Question is who will it be....:rolleyes:

Moving right along at breakneck speed, BankShot.........(aka Terry)

Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Oops, forgot to mention Janet's offer to the game........ "I can do that! I can also throw in a years RV Life PRO subscription (no ads at CGR and a years Trip Wizard use. Game on!"........... Thanks Janet for upping the anty............:D

BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

Well it looks like my prediction of 750,000 members on September 11 of this year has come and gone. The only ones left in the running are BankShot, mdcamping and Paythebill.

Paythebill likes this.
  4. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

BankShot: - Dec. 23rd, 2021
    mdcamping - 12:01 AM January 1 2022
    Paythebill - December 25, 2021 at 8.00am

tick tock...

5. joshkalvy

joshkalvy
    Expand Collapse

I think the progress is still massive up till now. A friend of mine recommended the forum to me and in the short time I joined I've come across a lot of good stuffs here

6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard joshkalvy. I'm glad you have been able to find useful info here. That's what this site is all about. Of course we expect you to join in the fun and add your two cents when you can.

Darrell

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Well with the membership just shy of 684,000 as of this morning it appears nobody that entered this contest is going to win as it would be impossible at this point for the membership to increase by 66,000 even by the time mdcamping's prediction date of Jan.1st arrives. So in saying that it looks like mdcamping will be the winner by default as he will no doubt be the closest with his prediction. We will wait till the end of Dec. to see if a miracle happens and then Mike will be declared the winner. Is that okay with those that did enter? If not, speak your piece now and be heard............:D

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all......BankShot.........(aka Terry)

#27 BankShot, Dec 14, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  8. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Sounds like a plan to me.

BankShot and mdcamping like this.
  9. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

I think declaring him the winner is the right thing to do.

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  10. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

I don’t know about that. I’m a little upset that I’m out of the running for the top prize. My date has come and gone several months ago. If Mike would like to send my a bribe then I would change my mind.

mdcamping, BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  11. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Well since I didn't enter ( 'cause I'm not allowed to gamble) I think that Terry's suggestion is fair. FYI Only my better half is allowed to bet on anything. There's a story behind that but I won't bore you with the details:) . I am surprised though. I thought the goal would have been reached by now. I suspect a lot of folks have not been thinking about camping since they have had to put their toys away for the winter.

The contest can always be restarted. A new target might be May or June ish. No target coming from me. It's off limits.

Darrell

BankShot, mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  12. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Ever notice that there is always a sore loser in any contest..........:( Cheer up Fun finders, there will be other contests where hopefully you will be the winner. In the meantime perhaps Mike will feel sorry for you and dole out a small (very small) amount of his winnings just to keep your chin off the ground. :D I really thought there would be more participants but alas only a few decided to take part. Unlike Darrell........(aka Rollin Ollens) the rest of us who did enter at least had a chance to win. Sorry about that Darrell but it's apparent who the real boss is in your RV.................:p

Terry..............(aka BankShot)

13. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Well this is an unexpected Christmas Present? Thank You RV Life CGR if I'm declared the winner. (no worries if not)

I do have a new route for a trip I want to try this year so maybe the Trip Wizard might come in handy with my new much taller trailer.

My BIG Christmas Present if finally scheduled to be built 3rd week in Janurary, yeah hoo!!

Have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Everyone!

Mike

Paythebill, BankShot and Onemoretrail like this.
  14. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

As long as nobody objects I am officially declaring mdcamping....(aka Mike) as the winner. From this day forward he shall be known throughout the site as campgrounds.rvlife.com "EXALTED ONE". Mike, feel free to change your avatar name if you wish so there will be no doubts about who you are............:D All that remains is for Janet H......(aka Janet) to award Mike the winnings she offered. Congrats Mike, you be da man.............:cool:

BankShot...........(aka Terry)

15. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

Paythebill likes this.
  16. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks to everyone who participated. In honor of the season, everyone who participated is a winner!

If you had an existing subscription it's been extended a year. If you've never used Trip Wizard or RV Life Pro before, you can login now with your Campground Reviews credentials.

Ho Ho Ho :)

17. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Well, we hit the 750,000 members mark, albeit a few months later than any of us thought it would take to do so. It's still pretty amazing how quickly the membership started growing shortly after COVID hit. I have to wonder how many used RVs are going to be flooding the market now that gas prices have gone thru the roof and all those newbies will go back to their past ways of traveling? I would imagine there will be a lot of good deals on used RVs in the near future. We aren't ready to stop just yet but we may have to pull back on how far we venture on future trips until gas prices come down., Every mile we drive now costs about 80 cents and our past trips out here on the west coast have usually been between 1,300 to 1,500 miles. Do the math, that sure gives some big oil exec a nice "stipend".....:mad: Hey, to all who will press on and keep moving on down the road, I salute you and wish you safe and enjoyable travels................:)

BankShot............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  18. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Your math is about the same as mine. People used to ask what kind of mileage we were getting during our travels and I honestly answered " I have no idea. When the tank needs to be filled, it gets filled. That cost wasn't a priority simply because it was a need to continue our travels. Now it is a concern. During our travel back to the cold (Canada) from the warm (the deserts) we bypassed California because of their Government du jour's refusal to lower the fuel taxes. In some cases , it worked out to close to $1.00 per gallon. We will curtail our travels in British Columbia because their way of reducing the tax burden is a joke. We were going to visit Dawson and parts of the Yukon but not now. We do plan on continuing our travels but we will be relying heavily on Gas Buddy and choosing our routes and destinations accordingly.

Years ago, when we lived in an area where environmentalists were heavily populated, I added an emblem to the coach as an attempt to ease the tension when I was confronted as being a planet killer. (It worked 95% of the time) Now I almost wish it was a Hybrid! :)

On the plus side, it may become easier to book a campsite!

Darrell

upload_2022-4-7_9-38-7.jpeg

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  19. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

"It may become easier to book a campsite":) But, sadly that too will go up in price.:mad:

BankShot likes this.
  20. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

We are so thankful for all the years of struggle trying to put away money every week/month for our retirement paid off. Driving whatever vehicle we are and adding fuel is not an issue, yes wish it was cheaper, but it will not curtail our travels one bit. Same with the costs at various campgrounds, we can decide if what they want per night or week or month is where we want to be, and if we care tio pay that, but what is so nice, is we get to decide. Life is WAY too short and we want to see and do what we want while we still can. We have met some people who say they WISH they had done something.but now is too late...Go have fun while you can.