Tampa, Florida to Grand Canyon?

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Eddie Go, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Eddie Go

Eddie Go
    Expand Collapse

Planning on heading out west this summer. Any suggestions on routes, things to avoid and see along the way?

2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

so many variables to a trip like that. could you offee more details? what are you driving, just a car, TT, motorhome? how much time are you planning on, 1 week, 2 weeks, month? is Grand Canyon the only thing you want to see, or are you stopping at sites along the way?

with this info, we can offer more suggestions.

weighit likes this.
  3. Eddie Go

Eddie Go
    Expand Collapse

I’ll be towing a 36ft 5er with a F250 diesel. I have 20 days from start to finish. The plan is getting to Grand Canyon Trailer Village then taking day trips to Sedona and Page. Looking for suggestions of routes to take from Florida to AZ anything I should steer clear of, anything to see along the way.

4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

i through in directions from your city to Grand Canyon, an i don't see any problems with the interstates you'll be on. US 40 between Albuquerque and Williams was very rough when we drove it eastbound last year, so you might see if there another way to go like going north to Farmington and through Kenyata, but this might add more drive time.

Dallas has the 6th floor museum if you are interested in history and the Kennedy assination. There is Petroglyph NM in Albuquerque which is interesting.

make sure you have a reservation for Camper Village well in advance. it fills up quickly. I know on vacation you want to sleep in,but one day, get up early and catch the red route to Hermits Rest in the morning. it wont be busy, and you will see the park in a different light.

Eddie Go likes this.
  5. campingantsweetrolls

campingantsweetrolls
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like you're going on an awesome trip! That's quite a drive! I would suggest using traveling apps to map out rest stops and attractions on the way. Maybe even try to plan an overnight stay in between, so that you can stretch your legs and check out the scenery. And don't forget to bring lots of snacks for the road! Have a safe and fun journey :)

6. Basroal teela

Basroal teela
    Expand Collapse

I had a fun trip with great experiences thanks to the instructions and tips you gave.