Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Paythebill, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Remember the days when this forum was active. Members were posting questions about their upcoming travels or asked questions about the maintenance of their units. I realize the pandemic hit all of us hard, but the pandemic is over. What is everyone doing?

#1 Paythebill, Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    The5goodwins likes this.
  2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I'm planning my "big" trip in May from Denver to Cape Coral FL. Already put in a couple of reservations, and found a few things we want to see along the way.
    Also, spare time is taken up doing maintenance on our motorhome. replacing headlights, the 50amp plug. i still need to replace the starter, but need to wait until the weather gets warmer.

How about you, what're you up to?

The5goodwins and Paythebill like this.
  3. garmp

garmp
    Expand Collapse

We're just biding our time, planning upcoming trips and waiting "the thaw".
    And generally rueing the fact that reservations must be made this early, especially for new place that we are not familiar with. Just hate choosing a camp site from a 1x1" picture, if its even available.
    So not it's just research, research.

4. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

My little 26’ travel trailer has been sitting for almost 2 yrs due the the pandemic. You can imagine the amount of maintenance work I have ahead of me before we can get on the road. Hopefully the maintenance will be nothing to serious. The plan right now is to travel around the state of Florida beginning around the first of April.

The5goodwins and Fitzjohnfan like this.
  5. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I know Cape Coral was hit hard in September of 2022 because of hurricane Ian. Not sure what present situation is for that area. Hopefully things are getting back to normal and the area has been cleaned up. In any case, be safe and enjoy the trip.

The5goodwins and Fitzjohnfan like this.
  6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Our motorhome has been sitting up ever since the pandemic, so we've been checking it out, and it will need some maintenance work. How can things go wrong if it is just sitting??? But they do. One thing that's happened is that we have a leak in the hydraulic lines for the jacks. Sure do hope that's all we'll find.

7. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

we will be parked/staying with my wifes friend from high school. She actually supervises some of the cleanup crews, so i would guess her area should be clear. her house sustained some water damage, bit i believe she already got it taken care of.

8. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Sitting in Apache Junction, Az about 125 miles from home where it snows. Starting to make plans for next winter, but many of the rv parks are either changing to only season rentals, no more 1 month stays, or will not take a reservation till later this summer. Very difficult to plan ahead like we used to do. I come to this site every day and see what questions have been asked, and I too see a slow down.

The5goodwins likes this.
  9. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

That’s good…. Have a great time

The5goodwins likes this.
  10. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Time for us to kick it back into high gear…. Time to resurrect this forum

The5goodwins likes this.
  11. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

We’ve taken a seasonal site the last few years, although we still pull out and tour around some of the northern states around Manitoba for a few weeks at a time. I too have noticed that there is not much activity on this forum lately except for the spammers. By the way has anyone heard for Bankshot lately he was always on the forum almost daily

12. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

now that you mention him, i checked, and his last post was June 13, 2022. hope everthing is ok. also, what about NY Dutch?

13. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

It seems both of them are m.i.a

14. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I have been keeping an eye out for BANKSHOT, but have not heard anything from him since June of 2022. Have sent many private messages to BANKSHOT all have received no answers. Which is totally unlike him not to respond. I am fearing the worst has happened. :(

The5goodwins likes this.
  15. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

NY Dutch is still here. We're currently at Salt Springs Recreation Area in the Ocala National Forest, Florida. We've had a rough past few weeks, but it's all good now. My wife suddenly had difficulty breathing a couple of weeks ago, and I rushed her to Putnam Hospital in Palatka, FL. She ended up staying there for six days with bronchitis on top of her existing COPD, but the great doctors there pulled her back and got it all under control. As she was improving, her bronchitis got passed along to me, but I managed to hang in ok with a load of medications. I even managed to handle a park change shortly after she was discharged. The change actually put us slightly closer to Palatka, making follow up doctor visits a little easier. We're both well on the mend now though, with just a mild cough lingering on. My wife is on a little higher dose of 24/7 oxygen than before, but we hope that will stabilize back to the lower level soon. Sunday we'll move up the road about 12 miles to Rodman Campground on the Greenway for a couple of weeks. Every time we see the winter weather our kids up north are experiencing, we're glad we're here despite our health issues.

16. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Dutch,
    So happy to hear from you again. Glad that both of you are on the road to recovery…. Stay safe, stay healthy…:)
    Ron

NYDutch likes this.
  17. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Paythebill likes this.
  18. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Still here @Fitzjohnfan
    8 weeks to go to the big trip
    May 2 to May 9 Texas (Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio
    May 9 to May 11 Tennessee (Lynchburg, Franklin, Leipers Fork)
    May 11 to May 15 Nashville
    May 15 to May 16 Salt Lake City to Lava Hot Springs
    May 16 to May 19 Jackson Wyoming
    May 19 to May 22 Yellowstone
    May 22 to May 24 San Diego
    May 24 back to Brisbane

Glad you and your wife are on the mend @NYDutch. I too have sent messages to an old email I found of @BankShot but nothing back.

Stay well all

Fitzjohnfan, NYDutch and Paythebill like this.
  19. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Jason,
    So glad to hear from you again. The trip you have plan sounds like a winning. Keep us all informed, and take pictures. Hope all goes well..
    Ron

The5goodwins and NYDutch like this.
  20. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Some of us have moved to RVForums.com Lots of traffic and very rarely is there any spam posts so one isn't wasting time wading through junk. I still drop by on occasion just because I still post my reviews. I suspect BankShot (Terry) was put off my an email he received from management and I doubt he will be back..

Darrell