Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Paythebill, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Glad you"re doing ok Jason. looks like you'll be in the Nashville area one week before me. you'll have to let me know what you liked the best. are you going to take any of the bus tours?

regards,
    chris g.

JudThe_Explorer and Paythebill like this.
  2. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Hey Chris
    At this stage plan to catch the hop on hop off out front of the visitors centre for at least 1 day as it goes to a lot of places worth seeing. Ill update you with that info hopefully whilst we are there to let you know if its worth it.

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, I think the pandemic has forced to change a lot of life styles. Everything now seems to be going in the direction of online, actual hands on service or real person to person conversation is disappearing in some work sectors . I think this has affected the forum boards to some extent.

I think the Rv mfg's and the industry that supports it will hold it's own as remote camping or Rving seems what people are looking for these days. just 2 cents here

Mike

#23 mdcamping, Apr 25, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Mike - - - Been a while since I've been around due to a freak accident I had but I am slowly starting to get involved again and thought I'd jump in here and do some one finger typing, which by the way is for the birds...:rolleyes: Glad to see most all of "the old gang" are still around. I agree with what you say and feel about the current ways and direction things have seemed to turn in but I feel this forum and site will survive and continue to grow in numbers due what you stated in your last two sentences. Hope that all is well with you and family and the summer ahead will hold some really good RVing trips for you.................

Regards, Terry........(aka BankShot)

5. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

The Man, The Legend returns, welcome back @BankShot.

24 hours till we hit the air for our 15 and a half hour flight to Dallas.........

See you soon USA!!!!

6. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Jason and Family,
    Have a great flight... :)

The5goodwins likes this.
  7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

The5goodwins and Paythebill like this.
  8. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Have a good trip! i'm envious! we dont hit the road for another 2 1/2 weeks.

Paythebill likes this.
  9. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

We are here guys after 15 hours in a plane we have found out how very much like Australian people Texans are. What a relaxed, friendly and helpful lot these guys are. Trip report to follow and @BankShot I am calling you tomorrow as soon as I work out the time zones….

10. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Looking forward to talking with you Jason. Hope I haven't forgotten how to speak Aussie. It has been a while since I visited down under and spoken your language........:rolleyes: Hmm, let's see, Bun da berg, Sid Knee Rock Oisters, Too ees, Bear a Mundee, yep I can still speak your lingo .....:D

BankShot.......(aka Terry)

#30 BankShot, May 4, 2023
    Last edited: May 4, 2023
    NYDutch and Paythebill like this.
  11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Welcome to Texas, y'all. And I think I'm correct in saying that Bankshot's time is two hours earlier than here in Texas.

NYDutch and Paythebill like this.