Need some help, please.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Jonathan491, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Jonathan491

Jonathan491
    Expand Collapse

I own a 2018 Thor Quantum KM24 Sprinter and no one has been able to explain to me what the exterior overhead seven white LED lights are for, and how to turn them 'on'. Please see my attached photo for reference to these lights. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_3143.jpeg

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Jonathon and welcome to the forum. Have you checked you owners manual as their has got be something that tells what these are for and how to turn them on and off. Offhand if I were to venture a guess I'd say they are probably to add additional light to your campsite? You could also contact the dealer you bought it from, or even Thor directly, and get an answer. Is there a duplicate set on the drivers side?

BankShot.........(aka Terry)

3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

on one thor forum, another owner had the same issue, but finally found the switch next to the emergency start button next to their left knee. good luck!

4. Jonathan491

Jonathan491
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, Bankshot and Fitzjohnfan! So, tonight once it was dark, I went out and tried one more thing. There is a switch on the underside of the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel that is labeled “Auxiliary Lights”. I have tried this switch numerous times in the past with no luck. However, tonight the motorhome was parked, engine off, and I was hooked up to my home 30amp shore power outlet. I pushed the rocker switch and not only did the switch light up bright red, but also both sides of those mysterious 14 exterior LED lights came on!!! I agree, these must be designed for added night light to a campsite, matching the LED awning lights. Although the awning lights have a completely separate rocker switch just inside the entry door stairwell. Incidentally, no where in the Owner’s manual or any other printed material from Thor did I find a reference to these lights. I did reach out to Thor for help and I’ve heard nothing back from them! I also find it pathetic that no one from Camping World knew anything about the operation of these lights. That’s where we purchased this motorhome, Camping World in Kingston, NY. I can report with unequivocal truth that the service department at this particular Camping World is abysmal. Customer service is not in their vocabulary. I will never take another motorhome back for service at this location and probably any other Camping World if they share the same corporate mantra. Thank you for getting back to me and I hope our conversation may assist another RV enthusiast.

5. Jonathan491

Jonathan491
    Expand Collapse

6. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Glad you got an answer to your misterious lights. as a side note, not from personal experiance, but from multiple other forum posts, i gather that Camping World customer service and quality of service is poor throughout the country. I would try to avoid them and look for service elseware.

try to find online groups and forums that cater to your rig and its chassis. you will probably find other people with the same issues and questions as you. I belong to a Facebook group for my National coach, and their information has been invaluable, plus they have a large selection of files with manuals on many of my accessories.

7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Glad you able to resolve the problem, thanks mostly to Fitz who new about the switch on the left side of the lower dash, As for Camping World we stopped using them several years ago due their lack of customer service and overall attitude. The manager was of no help whatsoever so we ended up taking our coach off the lot and told them if they wanted to take us to court due us not paying few measly bucks for a ten minute job that took them two weeks to do, to go right ahead. We never heard from them and we will never go back.........

BankShot.....(aka Terry)

weighit likes this.
  8. racklefratz

racklefratz
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't take long to understand that Camping World is a retailing operation, not a service organization. They're just there to push products out the door; expecting them to solve service-related issues is a bad idea that probably won't end well.

They have "service bays", yes. But if you use them, you may end up with more problems than you had before. YMMV

weighit likes this.
  9. Jonathan491

Jonathan491
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for your comment on Camping World. I agree wholeheartedly! A while back, I attempted to post my experiences with Camping World to warn other fellow campers. I presented nothing vulgar, only the facts. My post must have been rejected for some violation of a code of conduct which I am not familiar with in this forum. I never posted anything else, until now. All I dare say is you are so right.

10. denny2

denny2
    Expand Collapse

I had a similar setup on my rig. Those are likely your clearance lights, sometimes called "running lights". They're mainly for visibility, especially during dusk, dawn, or foggy conditions.