Campground In Florida

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by duchessofall, Oct 16, 2007.

1. duchessofall

duchessofall
    Expand Collapse

Hoping to gain from your wisdom! :D

We have decided not to travel to the midwest for the holidays this year and would like to go to Florida. We want to do Universal Studios, and stuff in Orlando, however, we also would like to head to Kennedy Space Center.

When I search for campgrounds, it lists Kissimmee (sp?), Titusville and other campgrounds. I am just not sure of the distances of these campgrounds from what we want to do.

Any help and suggestions on campground would be greatly appreciated! We already tried for the Disneyworld campground--just for the novelty, but it's booked!

Thanks so much!
    Kathy

2. Yorkieluvr

Yorkieluvr
    Expand Collapse

I live in the area so I'll try to help you as much as I can. Titusville is as close to Kennedy Space Center as you can get. If you're looking at The Great Outdoors or Manatee Hammock you can get there in about 15 minutes. Universal Studios and the other theme parts are about 45 minutes from there. If you want less traffic head for Titusville/Cocoa. Kissimmee and the surrounding areas have some campgrounds too. Great Outdoors is more of a "resort" - golf community, park models - lots are "owned". Manatee Hammock is more the campground but still very nice - big trees and is on the river. Just depends on what you like - they are very different from one another. We've been to several around here so if you have some names I'll try to describe them as best I can. Enjoy your trip!

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Kathy

I would vote for "The Great Outdoors" in Titusville. Everything you could wish for is in that park. More like a small town. Number of places to eat close by, Wal-Mart, Lowes, and others places to shop. People in park are great.

On Universal Studios look at "Tropical Palms" in Kissimmee. Ask for a super site. Ton of place to eat and shop very close by plus Old Town next door for the kids and older people as well. We have been to each place numbers of times over the years. You will find the two places to be first class. You may wish to spend more time in each park. Enjoy!

4. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

I've not been to the other places mentioned, but did stay at Jetty Park (Cape Canaveral) - we were not at all impressed. Found the campground to be very run down. The location is amazing, and the beach was wonderful, but the campground itself was very disappointing.

Too bad Disney is booked - we did stay there, and although it is pricey, it was a great experience. Hope you and your family have a great trip!