Exciting changes coming!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Webmaster, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Testudo

Testudo
    Expand Collapse

How about adding something truely useful -- append the submitter's user name to their reviews. At that rate, it won't take long to realize who the reliable reviewers are and who are the ones with personal greed to satisfy or with personal axes to grind.

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

I totally agree with Testudo's suggestion--with some sort of identification, be it the "handle" used on the discussion forum, or some other selected or assigned handle, at least we would know the ID of who was making the post (sort of), and could weigh this person's track record. I am sure that most of you read the recent heated debate about the unfair and malicious review of the KOA in Puebo (there were 865 views of this discussion and 35 different posts). Don't you find it strange that the person who originally posted the unfair review never came forward and said either "Yes, I said this, and I still think I am right" or "I apologize. I may have gone overboard." Or at least something. With the system Testudo is suggestion, at least we have some method of determining who writes real reviews and who has an axe to grind or is just an every day jerk.

3. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

I also think that is a great suggestion. Even though the majority of the forum members don't know each other, I think that through the forum discussion you do get to know what rving/camping preferences people are interested in and how their likes/dislikes match yours. Through the forum, certain members have given me recommendations in the past. If I saw a review with their name beside it I would probably give it more merit than someone who I am not as familiar with. Also, if I noticed that someone who has been to the same rv park as me gives it a similar rating, for many of the same reasons, I would be inclined to think that I would like other parks that they recommend. It may also discourage some of the reviews whose authenticity is questionable.

4. Sverlinde

Sverlinde
    Expand Collapse

Wow, I thought it is already good enough. I really like the idea for the clickable campground selection map. I usually remember where it is on the map not the city it is in.

5. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

having some sort of an id number when giving a review of a park is a great idea. put a box somewhere in the review form that will link it to a member. or just use your user name. that would be even simpler.

6. BethnBubba

BethnBubba
    Expand Collapse

We've been sitting in one place for a while, so I haven't checked the site recently.
    I like the new stuff I've immediately noticed!!
    Shorter lists of reviews, but the old ones still available.
    Prior postings by reviewers - gives a good perspective on what they like & would be similar to my tastes, or not.
    RSS feeds possible.

Especially nice is the obvious - the webmaster is paying attention to the input. Cool.
    My only further suggestion would be a google map link? Don't know how complicated that is, but surely the world's greatest webmaster will figure it out.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I really like the newest change--being able to hide or display the older reviews for a campground. This really cleans up the site and keeps it easy to see the newest reviews while still making the old reviews available if you need them. Good job, Webmaster!!!!!

8. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

Thanks for the wonderful site!

I have a suggestion for changing the filters in the campground search. Perhaps given the explosion of wifi it may be better to have "modem in the office" changed to "wifi" (or perhaps add wifi?). I don't know if that would be easy or hard.

Modem is almost a "given" if there is telephone access presupposing folks have a toll free number such as the one for "Hot Deals Canada". They provide such a number in Canada and USA. Here is a url for anyone who may be interested. I'm a client of theirs and will renew as it is only $6.25 per month for dialup.

http://www.hdcanada.com/

Moderator please feel free to edit this post if you see it as advertising. (do not wish to "step on anyone's toes")

9. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Well, there was an "exciting" change today. Apparently, this forum was moved to a new server. I was unable to login, so I did "contact administrator." What a shock! Someone actually responded to "contact adminstrator." Webmaster said the move to new server caused some problems.

Gotta say, the webmaster is great with "customer service." :D

JJ

10. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

I'll second that JJ!

11. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,

I'm just so wowed by this site--looked at a campground with a rating of 4--and there it was--click on the map to see exactly where the campground is! Simply a wonderful idea. Thanks so much.

12. FREDET

FREDET
    Expand Collapse

We will not plan a route without first checking here. We also check the military FamCamp review site and Army Corps of Engineers but this one is "top dog." Just hope it is always users and not park owners that post reviews. Guess that is good reason to check posts that the same person has in other areas. Indicates that probably are not owners of a park or parks.

I probably will mention the dog situation quite often. Like dogs but not the people who cannot or will not keep them from barking.

Fred Thomas, USN Ret. and 15 year motorhomer [a traveler, not a camper] with 10 years full time.

13. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Welcome Fredet ! Although we no longer travel with a dog...sure appreciate the comments. :rolleyes:

14. You_mustbe_kidding

You_mustbe_kidding
    Expand Collapse

Great job bye all @ RV park reviews, keep up the good work, helps all of us learn more about where we want to go before we get there

thanks,
    you mustbe kidding

15. Pecosjim

Pecosjim
    Expand Collapse

RV Park Review staff:

You folks have created and operate a first classs web site that has, for the last two years, been a source of great information for us, not just when we are on the road, but also at home while dreaming up our next trip.

However, my problem is that we use the site so much we have virtually nothing to add to the reviews posted, so we have posted few reviews. Should we visit a park not previuosiy reviewed we would certainly add a review but that is not a likely thing because we typically choose based on this site. I look at the site daily just to see reviews that cover our potential travel areas, see what is out there, and to find new parks we might like to visit.

Thank you for your effort and I hope you make a mint out of your effort.

Jim Mewhinney
    Carlsbad, NM

16. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Jim,

Please add reviews on all parks you visit. People like you and tons of others make this web site a winner. The more information into it the more everyone can get out of it. Parks and places change all the time. Enjoy the RV life. :p

17. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Jim, I second that. Your viewpoint may have a different perspective. Also, you may have a comment on things others have NOT commented on. So please send in reviews! Even if the reviews duplicate what others have said. Having more than one person say the same thing does add some credibility.

JJ

18. Wanderin

Wanderin
    Expand Collapse

]I tried to post a review for a park we stayed at in December 2008 but the date would only allow me to put in 2009. 2008 was not an option. I'm assuming this is a fluke but is a fix in site so that we can submit our review? Thanks
    :(

19. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I don't know for sure, but I guess there is a cut off date for submitting reviews. However, it seems like reviews from Dec 2008 should be allowed. That is not even a month back. Maybe the webmaster was trying to update the cut off date and accidentally set it for all of 2008. Hopefully he will see this and fix it.

20. bermudabluez

bermudabluez
    Expand Collapse

We are new RV'ers and are looking forward to our travels! Thanks so much for all you do on this site! It has been invaluable in making our plans. Thanks again!!