Looking To Buy And Weary

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by dmeyer2009, Apr 11, 2010.

1. dmeyer2009

dmeyer2009
    Expand Collapse

is a 1997 sportsman a good brand of 5th wheel?

thanks David

2. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I don't know much about that particular camper but I do have one thing to consider. If you plan to go to lots of campgrounds with it you may have a problem with age. Some campgrounds do not allow campers of that age to come in them. Some have a 10 year age limit and some even have a 5 year limit.

3. RV Camper1

RV Camper1
    Expand Collapse

KZ builds a very middle of the market RV for the most part. They are not a stand out, but they are also not trash. Since you are looking at an RV that is 13 years old, even the best RV could be trashed by now so you need to have someone who is an RV expert check it out to make sure it is good quality and of sound condition.

Even the best RV will not hold up with 13 years of neglect and/or abuse. There are structural items that should be checked, all appliances need to work and leaks are of concern. In addition, it will most likely need new tires as the tires should be replaced at between 5 & 7 years of age.

As to the RV parks that have a 10 year age limit, I would be aware of that but I would not allow that to deter me from a good buy. We bought our RV new, but the fact is that now we have been full-time for ten years so our RV is more than ten years old. The only way to keep places like that happy is to trade on a frequent basis. Few of us can afford to do that.

4. Donald B

Donald B
    Expand Collapse

We now have a Montana; we like it very much and have not had any problems with it. We vacation in winter as well as summer.

5. NorthernIllinoisPlumber

NorthernIllinoisPlumber
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Apr 12 2010, 09:38 AM) [snapback]21618[/snapback]

I don't know much about that particular camper but I do have one thing to consider. If you plan to go to lots of campgrounds with it you may have a problem with age. Some campgrounds do not allow campers of that age to come in them. Some have a 10 year age limit and some even have a 5 year limit.

I dont camp a whole lot...but is a cosmetic thing?