Grayton Beach Sp Vs. Topsail Preserve Sp

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Boel86, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Boel86

Boel86
    Expand Collapse

I am planning on vacationing to the Florida Panhandle area at the end of June. I am interested in Grayton Beach and Topsail State Parks. Has anyone been to either and do you recommend a certain one? I'm not interested in the campsite specifics, but more interested in overall campground atmosphere, beach, local access, etc. Any advice or information is appreciated. Thanks!

2. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

Topsail is a bit more "resortish" as it was a private campground donated to the state. Either are good choices. Enjoy your vacation.

3. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

Topsail camping area doesn't have direct access to the beach. I believe you have to take a shuttle to the beach. Grayton Beach State Park is directly on the gulf -- you may have to hike a little from the campground, but you do have direct access.

4. goodspinach

goodspinach
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Boel86 @ Apr 12 2011, 09:52 AM) [snapback]25830[/snapback]

I am planning on vacationing to the Florida Panhandle area at the end of June. I am interested in Grayton Beach and Topsail State Parks. Has anyone been to either and do you recommend a certain one? I'm not interested in the campsite specifics, but more interested in overall campground atmosphere, beach, local access, etc. Any advice or information is appreciated. Thanks!

Topsail is a terrific biking park with a paved bike trail all the way to the beach. Be sure to call ahead for a reservation as Topsail is really busy during spring break season. We didn't call ahead and had to leave before we were ready.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I would vote for Topsail as well. This place is hard to beat, sites are great, hookups work well, staff were cleaning sites all the time, water is close by if you wish to go down to beach (you can walk down in a short time), lots of older trees to park under, great places close by to shop and places to eat out. What more could you wish for? :)

6. chickenpants

chickenpants
    Expand Collapse

Topsail is the best but I doubt you would be able to get in at this late date. Many people book their spot a year in advance.

7. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I did a check and see lots of sites open in May some in June and small number in July yet. This place books up fast.